Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
This 10 Hour Deet Insect Repellent contains 100% DEET professional strength formula that has the highest level of protection available. It will last for 10 hours and will not sweat off. This product is the best protection for mosquito infested areas because it contains the most concentrated formula. With just one application, this formula will protect from mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, black flies, and many other insects. It is unscented to humans, but strong to insects. This tiny, fine mist, 2 ounce spray bottle will last as long as 3 aerosol cans. 10 Hour Deet Insect Repellent will protect you from insects that carry Lyme Disease, Encephalitis, and West Nile Virus. Deet was developed in 1954 by the United States Department of Agriculture for the United States Army and is known to be the most effective insect repellent on the market.
|Active Ingredient:||DEET - 100%|
|Target pests:||Mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, black flies, and many other insects|
|For use in:||Protecting against insects carrying Lyme Disease, Encephalitis, and West Nile Virus|
|Application:||Just one application spray will be effective|
|Pet safe:||Yes, as used as directed on label|
|Shipping Weight:||0.05 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Tec Laboratories Inc. (Mfg. Number: fg10024)|
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Hazards to humans:
- Causes substantial but temporary eye injury.
- Harmful if swallowed.
- Do not get in eyes.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
- Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
If in eyes:
- Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing.
- Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for further treatment advice.
- Call a Poison Control Center or doctor immediately for treatment advice.
- Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
- Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a Poison Control Center or doctor.
- Do not give anything to an unconscious person.
Note to Physician: Probable mucosal damage may contraindicate the use of gastric lavage.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a Poison Control Center or doctor, or going for treatment.
For more information on this pesticide product (including health concerns, medical emergencies or pesticide ingredients) you may call 1-800-222-1222 or the National Pesticide Information Center at 1-800-858-7378.
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with it's labeling. Read and follow all directions and precautions on this product label.
- Apply a few drops or light spray on skin. Do not spray in enclosed areas.
- Avoid breathing a spray product and do not use it near food.
- Do not use as a space spray.
- Rub evenly over exposed area if needed.
- For ticks and chiggers, also apply to shoe tops, socks and around openings in outer clothing.
- NEVER use repellents over cuts, wounds, or irritated skin. Repellents should by applied only to exposed skin and/or clothing as directed on this product label.
- Do not spray directly into face; spray on hands first and then apply to face.
- Do not apply near eyes and mouth, and apply sparingly around ears.
- Do not allow children to handle this product, and do not apply to children's hands.
- Do not use under clothing.
- Use just enough repellent to cover exposed skin and/or clothing. Heavy application and saturation is unnecessary for effectiveness.
- If biting insects do not respond to a thin film of repellent, apply a bit more.
- After returning indoors, wash treated skin with soap and water or bathe.
- For extended exposure: allow at least one "repellent free" day for every 4-7 days of continued use. This is particularly important when repellents are used repeatedly in a day or on consecutive days.
- Wash treated clothing before wearing it again.
- Use of this product may cause skin irritations in rare cases. If you suspect a reaction to this product, discontinue use, wash treated skin and call your local Poison Control Center.
- If you go to the doctor, take this product with you.
- NOTE: will not damage cotton, wool or nylon. Do not apply on or near acetate, rayon, Spandex or other synthetic fabrics, nylon furniture, plastics (such as eyeglasses and watch crystals), leather and painted or varnished surfaces (including automobiles).
Storage and Disposal:
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
Store this product in a cool, dry place that is inaccessible to children. Always store pesticides in original container. Store away from food and pet food.
Pesticide disposal and container handling:
Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container.
If empty: Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-CLEANUP for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Questions and Answers
- Why should I use insect repellent?
Insect repellents help people reduce their exposure to mosquito bites that may carry potentially serious viruses such as encephalitis, West Nile virus and Lyme disease, and allow them to continue to play and work outdoors.
- Which mosquito repellent works the best?
The most effective repellents contain DEET (N,N-diethyl-m-toluamide), which is an ingredient used to repel pests like mosquitoes and ticks. DEET has been tested against a variety of biting insects and has been shown to be very effective.
The more DEET a repellent contains the longer time it can protect you from mosquito bites. A higher percentage of DEET in a repellent does not mean that your protection is better, just that it lasts longer.
- Why does the CDC recommend using DEET?
DEET is the most effective and best-studied insect repellent available. (Fradin, 1998). Studies using humans and mosquitoes report that only products containing DEET offer long-lasting protection after a single application. (Fradin and Day, 2002)
- What insects should I be aware of when working outdoors?
As an outdoor worker you need to be aware of mosquitoes, ticks, spiders, ants and centipedes that are in the area. Some pack an ugly bite or sting, while others carry a variety of diseases such as encephalitis, West Nile Virus and Lyme disease.
- How do I protect against encephalitis, West Nile Virus and Lyme disease?
All three diseases are carried by ticks or mosquitoes. Therefore, an effective insect repellent that contains DEET should be used. If possible, you should wear proper clothing such as long sleeved shirts and pants that fit tightly around your wrists and ankles.
- What are the symptoms of encephalitis?
The typical symptoms are headache, fever, and extreme lethargy, which can lead eventually to coma, double vision, delirium, deafness, and facial palsy which often occur in the acute stage of the disease. The after effects of encephalitis may include deafness, epilepsy and dementia.
- What are the symptoms of West Nile Virus?
Most infections are mild and symptoms include fever, headache, body aches and occasionally a rash. More severe infection may lead to tremors, coma, paralysis and on rare occasions death.
- What are the symptoms of Lyme disease?
The first sign of Lyme disease is often a rash at the site of the tick bite. The rash usually grows to a raised, red circle that has a clear center and is warm to the touch. Lyme disease can also cause flu-like symptoms, headache nausea.
- What do I do if I get a tick?
If a tick is attached, remove it immediately with tweezers. Gently grasp the tick as close as possible to the skin and slowly pull it away. If tweezers are not available, fingers covered with tissue paper can be used.
Do not attempt to remove the tick with petroleum jelly, hot objects such as matches or cigarettes, or by other methods. After handling ticks, be sure to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- What is Rocky Mountain spotted fever?
Rocky Mountain spotted fever is the most common fatal tick-borne disease in the United States and is carried by the American dog tick. As a precaution, people should check at least twice a day for attached ticks. Using effective repellent and wearing protective clothing is recommended.