"I was referred to your company by a new employee at a nationally-known pest control company. Although new in our state, he had been in the pest control industry for over 20 years back East and told me that your products were the only ones tha his former company recommended. I went online, ordered th..."
More Testimonials »
Acrobat Ant Control
At DoMyOwnPestControl.com we provide the professional do-it-yourself acrobat ant control products and friendly expertise to help you solve your ant problem. Read on to learn more about acrobat ant identification, biology, how to get rid of acrobat ants, and acrobat ant control.
Acrobat Ant Identification
- Similar to Carpenter Ants but much smaller, about 1/8” in size.
- When viewed from above, the abdomen is shaped like a heart.
- When viewed from the side, the abdomen is raised above the main part of the body.
- Vary in color from yellowish brown to dark brown, with the abdomen darker than the rest of the body.
- The name comes from the way they sometimes hold their abdomens up in the air when threatened or running as if performing an acrobatic stunt.
Acrobat Ant biology
Acrobat ants do not build typical ant mounds in yards like other ant species; instead they prefer decaying logs, stumps, and hollow tree cavities, or indoors within voids, including abandoned carpenter ant nest and termite galleries, and insulation. They feed on a variety of foods including other ants, sweet foods (such as honeydew), and proteins.
1. Find the entry points or colony
How to get rid of Acrobat Ants
Acrobat Ants may nest outdoors in decaying logs, stumps, and hollow tree cavities, or indoors in voids (including abandoned Carpenter ant nest and Termite galleries) and insulation. When you first notice invading ants, they may form an obvious trail which you can easily follow to find exactly where the ants are entering. If the ant trail and entry point is NOT obvious, try following the Honey & Peanut Butter Bait Method.
2. Treat the colony
Acrobat Ants do not respond as well to ant baits, so you will need to spray instead. There are several ways to get rid of the ant colony depending on its location. Cypermethrin products such as Cyper WP are most effective.
- Nests in Structural Voids - Treat with Delta Dust Insecticide. If the existing point of entry is not large enough to inject the dust, a hole may be drilled and later repaired. Apply Delta Dust in a thin layer (generally 2 to 3 puffs) using a Hand Duster.
- Nests in Wood - such as structural timbers, fence posts, tree holes, stumps, or logs, should be treated the same as those in structural voids, using Delta Dust Insecticide and a Hand Duster. Holes may be drilled for easier access.
- Nests in Landscape Mulch - Treat with a liquid insecticide such as Cynoff WP, or Demon WP Insecticide. Since mulch is thick and difficult to penetrate, first rake back the mulch to expose the ant colony before treating.
- Nests in Stack of Lumber, Bricks, or Other Material - unstack the materials in order to expose the colonies, then drench the mound(s) with a liquid insecticide such as Cynoff WP, or Demon WP Insecticide.
3. Spray the trails and entry points
In addition to treating the colony, it is essential to do a thorough inspection inside and outside for any additional trails, entry points, and hiding places. Each location where Acrobat Ants activity is sighted or suspected should be treated with a Cypermethrin residual product like Cynoff WP, or Demon WP Insecticide to kill any existing ants while preventing new colonies from budding.
Ant Control | Acrobat Ant Control | Get Rid of Acrobat Ants
How to Get Rid of Acrobat Ants
For More Information
For more information in regards to do it yourself pest control
products or pest control equipment, please feel free to contact a DoMyOwnPestControl.com representative
Can't find the product you are looking for? E-mail us and we'll get it for you!
We sell professional do it yourself pest control (diy), exterminator and
insecticide, pesticide, chemical and bug killer treatment
products to spray, eliminate and exterminate pests.
Many of our products are not available in stores
such as Home Depot, Walmart or Lowes.