Homeowners and pest control operators are excited about the superior results delivered by Ascend Fire Ant Bait. Easy to apply granular bait may be applied directly from the 2 lb container or with a professional spreader.
|Active Ingredient:||Abamectin 0.011%|
|Target pests:||Fire Ants, Pharaoh Ants and Related Ants, Indoors and Outdoors.|
|Application:||Varies depending on use and area; see product label.|
|Pet safe:||Yes, when used as directed.|
|Manufactured By:||Whitmire Micro-Gen|
• Ascend Fire Ant Bait is highly attractive to red imported fire ants.
• The active ingredient in Ascend Fire Ant Bait slows reproduction of fire ant egg production.
• Registered for use in and around homes and commercial buildings.
How does the active ingredient Abamectin work to kill ants?
The active ingredient in Ascend is a stomach insecticide which acts to reduce ant workers. The bait is also passed by the workers throughout the ant colony and eventually to the queen. Ascend is toxic to ants; however, it is most effective against the ant queen and causes an immediate halt of egg production and disappearance of worker brood. The disappearance of worker ants leads to the decline and eventual elimination of the ant colony.
When should I apply Ascend Fire Ant Bait?
• Apply when ants are actively foraging--typically when soil temperatures are greater than 60°F (15°C).
• In cases where re-infestation occurs or when very large mounds remain active, re-treat as necessary.
How do I apply Ascend Fire Ant Bait?
OUTDOORS: Apply after dew or rainfall has dried for maximum effectiveness. For best results, do not apply if rainfall is anticipated within 4 to 6 hours after application.
• Broadcast Application: Apply Ascend as evenly as possible to turf, lawns and noncrop areas at a rate of 1 lb. of bait per acre (0.4 oz. of bait per 1000 sq. ft. or 1.8 oz. of bait per 5000 sq. ft.).
• Individual Mound Treatment: Use 5 to 7 tablespoons of Ascend per mound. Apply the bait as evenly as possible over the mound and for a distance of approximately 2 feet out from the base of the mound. Do not contaminate kitchen utensils with this product. LIMITATIONS: Do not use in pastures, rangeland,or croplands.
INDOORS: Do not use in the food/feed areas of food/feed handling establishments, restaurants or other areas where food is commercially prepared or processed. Do not use in serving areas while food is exposed or facility is in operation.
• Locate Ant Activity: Follow ants back to voids. Apply bait to crevices or voids where ants are active. Use up to 5 tablespoons per treatment site in a heavily traveled area. Use less in areas with less activity or if the treatment site will not hold that much. Use a large Centrobulb Dusteror other appropriate application device to place bait in crevices or voids. Enlarging the void’s opening may be required. Repeat as necessary. Do not contaminate kitchen utensils with this product.
• To Treat Plumbing Voids With Known Ant Activity: Obtain access to void and place up to 5 tablespoons inside the plumbing void. Place bait where it will remain dry. Repeat as necessary. Do not contaminate kitchen utensils with this product.
• UTILITIES (such as above ground transformers, pedestal boxes, in-ground utility boxes, etc.): If fire ants are nesting or traveling inside utility boxes, place 5 to 7 tablespoons form lighter infestations or up to 2 1/2 oz. for heavy infestations on the ground or open floor area of box. Placement should be made so bait stays dry and does not contact any equipment.
See all 6 reviews »
4 of 4 people found this review helpful:
This stuff works for my black ant problem
By Ilovedolls on May 10, 2011
I live on an ant hill. I have had ants for the past 55 years. I have been using this product for the past 8 years. I sprinkle it around my house in the spring time and throughout the summer. I do not get ants coming in like I used to and even get through a whole summer without seeing them in the house. The only drawback to this product is that I have to reapply after it rains since water DEACTIVATES it. Still it is easier and more economical then using the bait traps. The ants just carry the pieces away, eat it and then die. Keeps the ants under control.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful:
Ascend Fire Ant Bait
By Penny on June 21, 2010
This bait said it was good for other related ants (Pharoah Ants). I placed this product outdoors directly on my problem area and the ants seemed to walk over the bait and were not bothered by it. They did not eat it or cart it off into their nest. The bait stayed there for days before it rained and I still have my ant problem. It did not appear to work at all.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful:
Ascend Fire Ant Bait
By Ron on October 1, 2010
I have used this product for several years and it is the most effective product I have found. It works quickly and efficiently. I use it once every season and it takes care of my fire ant problems for the entire year. I delayed a bit in my annual treatment this year and, naturally, the fire ants started to take over my yard. Within 48 hours after application they were gone!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful:
Dispensing in the key
By Erik on May 14, 2012
I have used this product over the years and have noticed one thing. If you pile it too high and too close to the mound the fire ants will ignore it. Its better to spread it thinly around the mound maybe a 3 to 4 foot circle. The ants will find it and will bring it to the queen eventually, and it works.
This product works!
By Dash on April 20, 2012
We live in College Station, Texas where fire ants abound. The past 10 years we owned a home in the city and hired a pest control company to treat the yard every 3 months. Never had an ant problem. Recently we bought a home on 7 acres with a huge ant problem. Our pest control company does not treat such large acreage but gave us their secret. Ascend! I could not find the product locally and found DoMyOwnPestControl.com in an online search. I called the 800 number and was very pleased with the service by an actual person. I feel comfortable with this company and will order online from now on. To spread the granules we used a small spreader attached to our riding mower and spread most of the acreage. A hand spreader works if you have a normal size yard. You do not have to cover every inch as the ants take the granules back to the queen. Within days the ants disappeared! We have 10 plus years experience now with this product and I highly recommend it.
Not all that impressed
By Eric on August 25, 2012
Not really better than the stuff I get at Lowes that is 1/3 the price. Some fire ant beds thrived after treatment and others died away. Same ole same ole trying to figure out how to win the war against fire ants. I will keep trying with this stuff since I bought it, but I don't hold out much hope.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
October 14, 2011Connie from Puna, Big Island Of Hawaii asked:
QIs Ascend Fire Ant Bait chemical free? Is Ascend non-toxic to people and pets?
I'm searching for non-chemical, natural, not toxic to humans/pets solution for fire ants. Is Ascend? (We've recently been invaded by LFA, & the whole island is searching for product that's effective & non-chemical, non-toxic. I really hope I've found it in Ascend!)
AEvery single insecticide has some level of toxicity and some type of chemical, even all natural or organic products. If there is absolutely no toxicity in the product there is no way to kill the ants. Ascend Fire Ant Bait does contain Abamectin which is usually categorized in the "lower risk" group of insecticides. This means that when used as directed on the product label Ascend Bait Granules pose a much lower toxic risk to non-target animals than other ant bait granules. We recommend you take a few moments to read the Ascend Fire Ant Bait product label as well as the MSDS to see if this product will fit your needs.
March 11, 2010Jerry asked:
QHow long will Ascend Fire Ant Bait last? Is there a money back Warranty?
AAscend Fire Ant Bait should be used within 5 months of opening the container. Once you apply the product you should repeat application as necessary. It will all depend on how many mounds you have and how much activity there is. There is not a money back guarantee, but all of our products are professional grade and our used by professional companies.