Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Bor8 Rods 1/2" x 2" are specially made to help protect woods against fungal decay. This solid wood preservative will stop and prevent rots by controlling decay fungi which usually causes strength loss and structural failure of woods. It will effectively control rot during the early stage, as well as prevents it from coming back. It contains Anhydrous Disodium Octaborate as its active ingredient and it releases boron to make the wood toxic to the fungal organism and immediately kills it on contact. It can be used on wood and decaying woods such as lumber, logs, laminated beams, timbers, millwork, poles, piles, posts, crossties, etc. The Bor8 Rods in 1/2" x 2" size is intended for 4" x 4", 4" x 6", and round wood up to 4 inches in diameter and is sold by a box of 12. Picture is used as a reference only, please disregard size indicated.
Other order options also comes in 100 in a box or 500 in a pail.
Other Bor8 Rod sizes available: 1/4" x 1/2", 1/3" x 1", 1/3" x 2 5/8", 1/2" x 4", 3/4" x 3"
|Active Ingredient:||Anhydrous Disodium Octaborate - 96.65%|
|Target pests:||Fungal Decay, Termites, Beetles, Carpenter Ants|
|For use in:||Residential and Commercial: Preventing and eliminating fungal organisms on wood products like lumber, timbers, logs, millwork, poles, piles, posts, crossties, laminated beams and others.|
|Application:||Bor8 Rods can be inserted into any wood surface in a staggered, linear, or angled pattern through drilled holes.|
|Dimensions:||1/2" x 2"|
|Special Features:||Stops existing rot and also prevents rot in wood.|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Wood Care Systems (Mfg. Number: Bor8 Rod 1/2 x 2-12)|
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Bor8 Rods can be inserted into any wood surface in a staggered, linear or angled pattern.
- Determine the number of Bor8 Rods required. Starting 2 inches from a joint or the end of the wood, the entire length of the wood should be covered in order to ensure moisture will evenly distribute the preservative throughout the target area. Do not exceed 12 inches on center for linear spacing along the grain and do not exceed 4 inches for spacing across the grain.
- Drill appropriate sized holes to accommodate the predetermined number and size of Bor8 Rods required. For a snug fit and to ensure even distribution, drill the holes 1/16 inch greater in diameter than the preservative rods. In addition, to allow for expansion, leave a minimum of 1/8 inch of air space between Bor8 Rods and plug.
- Insert the suitable size and number of Bor8 Rods into the holes.
- Seal the hole with a treated wood dowel, wood filler or caulk.
- After installation, paint or any other type of surface coating may be applied to the wood if desired. Install Bor8 Rods in the general vicinity of where the potential for decay is greatest or where decay exists.
Bor8 is available in 6 different sizes:
- Bor8 Rods - 1/4" X 1/2"
- Bor8 Rods - 1/3" X 1"
- Bor8 Rods - 1/3" X 2 5/8"
- Bor8 Rods - 1/2" X 2"
- Bor8 Rods - 1/2" X 4"
- Bor8 Rods - 3/4" X 3"
See Bor8 Rod Size and Spacing Chart for specific applications for all wood sizes.