Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Borrada LP is an economic alternative to Boracare that has the exact same formulation but at a much lower price. Destroy wood decay fungi, kill wood-destroying insects, and prevent future re-infestations all with one great product—Borrada LP. Apply Borrada LP as a spray or foam directly onto infested wood surfaces or as an injection treatment in wood galleries and wall voids. Borrada LP may be used on all types of lumber, logs, and plywood. It kills and prevents damage from powder post beetles, carpenter bees, carpenter ants and other wood destroying insects and decay fungi. Borrada LP by itself does NOT treat or prevent mold, however a mold preventative called Mold-Ram can be added to your Borrada mixture which will prevent mold and mildew from growing on the treated wood.
|Active Ingredient:||Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate 40%|
|Target pests:||Subterranean Termites, Drywood Termites, Dampwood Termites, Ambrosia Beetles, “False” Powder Post Beetles, Powder Post Beetles, Carpenter Ants, other wood-destroying pests, and decay fungi|
|For use in:||Indoor and Outdoor use; for infested wood, or preventive treatment of wood, that has exposed surfaces, e.g. in basements, crawl spaces, decks, sheds, siding, or fences. Wood must be clean and not treated with a surface covering.|
|Application:||Apply at 1:1 to 2:1 ratio depending on pest and wood thickness|
|Pet safe:||Yes; when used as directed|
|Yield:||1 Gallon treats approx 800 to 1600 sq. ft.|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||AK, NY, CT|
|Shipping Weight:||11.30 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Control Solutions|
Borrada LP is a borate-based product that destroys wood decay fungi, wood-destroying insects, and prevents future re-infestations. Apply Borrada LP as a spray or foam directly onto infested wood surfaces or as an injection treatment in wood galleries and wall voids. Borrada LP may be used on all types of lumber, logs, and plywood.
Borrada LP Product Features:
1. EPA registered and low toxicity
3. Provides long-term protection, up to 40 years if treated wood is not exposed to excessive rain or soil.
4. Destroys existing decay fungi and prevents future reinfestation by wood-destroying insects
Boracare by itself does NOT treat or prevent mold, however a mold preventative called Mold-Ram can be added to your Boracare mixture which will prevent mold and mildew from growing on the treated wood.
General Borrada LP Usage Information:
1. BORRADA LP can be used as a remedial treatment of infested wood, and as a protective or preventative treatment (before signs of infestations are observed) of wood in existing construction.
2. Borrada LP is effective for all interior and exterior wood (including wood-foam composite structural components) that will be protected from excessive rain and that will not be in direct contact with soil.
3. Types of wood that can be treated include, but are not limited to, all types of lumber, logs and plywood.
4. BORRADA LP should be applied only to bare, clean wood, plywood particleboard and other cellulosic materials where an intact water-repellent barrier such as paint, stain, or a sealer is not present.
5. BORRADA LP is not intended as a substitute for mechanical alteration, soil treatment or foundation treatment, but simply as a supplementary treatment. When active infestations exist, get a professional inspection.
Before applying Borrada LP, wood must be clean and bare: free of dirt, wax, and surface finishes. Remove all previous coatings or sealants. Remove surface mold or mildew prior to applying Borrada LP. Do not apply to frozen, cold or very hot wood. Surface temperature must be between 40°F and 90°F.
Applications of Borrada LP may be used as a solution or foam. Solution may be applied by brush, spray, or dipping. Application of the solution may also be made by drilling and then injecting under pressure into sound wood or into the holes or galleries of infested wood. As foam, Borrada LP may be applied directly to wood surfaces or injected into insect galleries or wall voids.
PREPARATION OF AQUEOUS TREATMENT SOLUTION
1. Shake container before use.
2. For use, Borrada LP is diluted in water at a ratio of 1 part Borrada LP to1 part water. Use of warm water will increase rate of dissolution.
3. For each gallon of clean water slowly add 42 ounces (1/3 gallon) of BORRADA LP at a time, while stirring or agitating. Stir or agitate until BORRADA LP is completely dissolved in the water. This mixture must be used within 24 hours.
4. To avoid blocking spray hoses, mix in separate container then pour into spray tank. If this is not possible, be sure to add WARM water first, then add BORRADA LP while stirring or agitating, SLOWLY enough to be sure it is dissolving as it is added.
PREPARATION OF FOAM TREATMENT MIXTURE
1. Prepare 1:2 aqueous solution as stated above and add surfactant/foaming agent.
2. Follow the instructions for the foaming agent to produce dry foam with the desired expansion ratio of approximately 20 to 1 (approx. 20 gallons of foam per 1 gallon of aqueous solution).
3. Typically 1 to 2 ounces of foaming agent added to the solution is appropriate.
4. BORRADA LP foam should be of a “dry” consistency. Refer to the foam machine equipment manufacturer manuals and the surfactant’s label for specific instructions.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
QDo you have a smaller size of Borada LP?
I treated my barn two years ago. I need to do some spot treatments because some powder post beetles have returned.
ABorrada LP was taken off of the market a couple of years ago (there was no problem with the product, it was only a licensing issue). Bora-Care is the only product that will provide the results that you need and it is only available in a 1 gallon container.