Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Brandt Water-In allows you to penetrate hard soil. The quality and abundance of water is different from place to place and surface tension in water and/or compacted soils will affect how the water moves through the soil. The active ingredients in Water-In will allow the surface tension to be reduced and allow the water that is applied to be able to penetrate through the soil. It will help you water your garden, trees, lawn and flower pots better. When water is able to penetrate evenly throughout, plants can grow healthier and become more beautiful.
|Active Ingredient:||Alkyl Polyethylene Glycol Ether - 25.0%|
|Target pests:||Safe for use to treat the soils of turf, ornamentals, fruits and vegetables|
|For use in:||Performs at its best when part of a regular program of application to lawns, flowers, vegetable gardens, trees and shrubs beginning in early Spring and continuing through Autumn|
|Application:||An initial treatment of 2 tablespoons of Water-In in 1 gallon of water gets the job done
Subsequent Treatments: In most areas, applications of Water-In at the rate 1 tablespoon per gallon of water are sufficient, however on highly compacted soils, slopes or areas prone to water runoff, the higher rate of 2 tablespoons per gallon of water may be advisable
* See the product label or the company website for complete and specific instructions
|Pet safe:||Yes, when used as directed on label|
|Yield:||1 to 2 TBSP per gallon of water yields 64 or 32 gallons of watering solution|
|Shelf Life:||2 years|
|Special Features:||Treats hard soil, compacted areas
Slopes, lawns & newly planted lawns
Neutral, can be used with any product on any soil
|Shipping Weight:||4.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Brandt Consolidated (Mfg. Number: 2028-01-111)|
Penetrate hard soil with Water-In. Water quality and abundance varies from place to place and high surface tension in water and/or compacted soils directly affects water movement through the soil. The surface-active agents in Water-In are designed to reduce the surface tension and allow the water applied to penetrate more effectively through the soil helping to water your lawn, garden, trees and flower pots. Water-In breaks the surface tension of water so it will flow into and between the smallest earth particles. Recommended uses for lawns, newly planted lawns, trees, bushes, gardens, plants, hanging flower baskets, potted plants, wetting peat moss, steer manure, sawdust or mulch. Use Water-In for problem puddling areas to help penetrate water evenly on the lawn or in the garden.
Planting Trees, Bushes, and Other Plants:
- Fill planting hole with water, add 1 ounce of Water-In. After planting is completed, fill the planted area with water, and add 1 ounce of Water-In. Let water run slowly for 5 minutes.
Existing Trees or Bushes:
- Fill the well with water and add 1 ounce of Water-In. Soak area thoroughly. Water trees over night.
Wetting Peat Moss, Steer Manure, Sawdust or Mulch:
- Add 1 tablespoon of Water-In to each gallon of water. Pour over 1 gallon of mulch, before or after applying.
- Put 2 drops of Water-In in a cup of water, use whenever watering.
Treating Hard Soil, Compacted Areas, Slopes, Lawns & Newly Planted Lawns:
- Put 1 quart of Water-In in a garden hose sprayer. Spray over soil, plants or lawn. Water well for several days. Water-In will penetrate deeply. 1 quart covers 1,000 square feet (20x50 ft.). For occasional treatment as an aid to keeping ground open: put 1 pint of Water-In in a garden hose sprayer, and fill with water. Spray over 1,000 sq. ft. as needed. Water-In is neutral, so it can be used with any product on any soil. Water-In breaks the surface tension of water so it will flow into and between the smallest earth particles.
NOT A PLANT FOOD PRODUCT
See all 1 reviews »
By Jean in Spokane on 10/07/2014
This soil penetrant is nearly magical in the way it makes the heavy and very dry rocky dirt here workable. It loosens the clay around rocks very well. For plants it is essential. It also makes wetting compost and dry soil amendments very easy. It can be applied with a hose-end sprayer or mixed in a bucket. Just a little does the job.