Brian from Southwick, Ma., 01077 writes,
Can other animals that come in contact with a Final Blox poisoned mouse get secondary poisoning?
I have a customer with an 80lb dog that swears the dog is getting sick because of coming into contact with a mouse killed from our baiting. Is this even possible?
It is very unlikely that the dog has gotten sick from coming into contact a poisoned mouse. An 80 lb dog would need to eat (actually consume, not just come into contact with or play with) many, many dead mice for the animal to get sick. Most pet animals do not consume these mice because they are well fed and have no need to eat the dead animal. You can contact Bell Labs if you need an actual amount of bait that must be consumed for a dog that large to get sick. You can reach Bell Labs by calling 800-323-6628.
Answer last updated on: 03/26/2013