The Carpenter Bee Control Kit provides a complete carpenter bee control solution for your home. The kit contains Delta Dust with a B&G Bulb Duster that allows you to dust in existing carpenter bee holes, and 20 x 3/8 inch plugs to stop up the holes. In addition, 4 x 8mL single pack doses of Temprid SC Insecticide comes with this kit. Temprid SC is a liquid concentrate that must be diluted with water and applied with a hand sprayer. Temprid SC is a unique insecticide concentrate with two active ingredients for quick initial kill and long-term residual effects.
This kit cannot be sold to NY residents.
Carpenter Bee Control Kit is made up of these products:
|1 x Delta Dust Insecticide
Delta Dust is the only waterproof dust available, great for wall voids and cracks and crevices.
|1 x B&G Bulb Duster 1150
Professional 8 oz. bulb duster for applying both insecticide dusts and fine granular products. Extra tip extensions for hard to reach areas.
|1 x Trebor Plastic Plugs - 3/8 inch - Pack of 20
Plastic 3/8 inch plugs with triple seals for plugging holes in concrete after a termite treatment.
|4 x Temprid SC Insecticide - 8 mL
Cost of separate parts: $68.30
You save $13.30!
|Target pests:||Carpenter Bees|
|For use in:||Outside on homes, decks, and wood surfaces that are exposed to carpenter bees.|
|Pet safe:||Yes, when used as directed.|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||CT, AK, NY, PR, RI|
For Temprid SC: Temprid SC can be used indoors as a spot treatment or as a void injection by mist, foam, or crack and crevice spray, and outdoors as a perimeter treatment, general surface spray, or foliar application to established landscape ornamentals. For initial treatment, use 2 x 8mL packets per gallon of water. For follow up treatments, use 1 x 8mL packet per gallon of water. Add product when filling spray tank with water; shake or agitate mixture. Agitate before using.
Over Non-Impervious surfaces, you can treat with a general broadcast treatment to control Carpenter Bees, galleries and aggregating areas where this insects prefer to bore. The product will absorb into wood surfaces and provide months of control if bees try to bore into that structure, which is great for bees.
Spray Temprid SC around the foundation of the structure, paying particular attention to areas where pests may enter or harbor. Most homes require on average 1,000 sq ft. of treatment surfaces. Temprid should give 6-8 week residual with normal weather patterns. Two 8mL single doses per gallon per treatment should give a very high rate of success on these hard to control pests. Even if used by back pack sprayers, such as a 3 gallon sprayer, the rate of two 8mL single doses stays the same due to the concentration rate not changing.
DeltaDust containing deltamethrin is the world's first and only 100% waterproof insecticide dust, so it works in the wet and damp places that insects love. Nothing short of running water will disturb Delta Dust, making Delta Dust an ideal crack and crevice treatment. Delta Dust should be applied with a bellows hand duster (sold seperately) which allows you to easily apply the dust in hard to reach areas. One application of Delta Dust will keep on killing insects for up to eight months.
DELTADUST Application Tips:
* DeltaDust is intended for application with a hand or power duster (Actisol DPA or similar equipment), with a paint brush or by other suitable means, for hiding and runaway areas and other places where insects are found.
* In living areas, apply in such a manner as to avoid depositions on exposed surfaces or introducing the material into the air. In the home, all food processing surfaces and utensils should be covered during treatment or thoroughly washed before use. Exposed food should be covered or removed.
* To apply insecticide directly into cracks and crevices, use a bulbous duster or other suitable equipment. Apply lightly and uniformly to infested area. Pay particular attention to: cracks and crevices, service ducts, floors and ceilings, wall voids, around electrical and telephone fittings and equipment, around water and sewer pipes, under and behind cabinets, refrigerators and sinks, around windows and door frames, along baseboards, in attics and crawl spaces. The amount to be applied will vary with the site but should usually be in the range of 2-3 grams of Delta Dust per square yard (or 0.5 lbs per 1000 square feet).
Proper Dusting Tips:
* When applying, the duster should be filled only halfway - no more than two-thirds full. This allows for adequate air space to create the desired air/dust mixture prior to application. If there is too much dust in the duster, clumps of dust on treated surfaces may result, leading to overapplication of the product and messy spills.
* Between each squeeze, the duster should be shaken slightly to get dust floating inside the unit.
* When applying dust into cracks and crevices and on surfaces, gently squeeze the duster to ensure the application of very thin layers of dust. When dusting correctly, you should barely be able to see the dust emerging from the tip of the duster.
* Before relaxing your grip on the duster, pull it away from the surface or crack you are treating to prevent sucking up lint, moisture or debris. Small amounts of these items will eventually cause lumping and/or clogging of the duster.
* Place several pebbles or small ball bearings in your duster to keep the dust agitated and ensure than any clumps are broken up prior to application. Also, always keep the screen inside the duster in place as this is designed to help maintain a fine dust consistency.
* When treating around electrical outlets, use dusters fitted with plastic or fiberglass spouts, or place a small section of rubber hose or plastic tubing over the metal tip to avoid contacting electrical wires. These tubes will also enable you to reach around corners and beneath cabinet voids that would otherwise be impossible to treat.
* Carry a small brush and a damp cloth. These can be used in the event that dust accidentally drifts out of cracks and crevices and onto non-target areas. Use the brush to push excess dust into cracks, and use the cloth to wipe up.
* Do not apply dust to baseboards.
* Apply dust carefully and judiciously so it does not travel to areas where it might represent a hazard. Prevent food contamination by not applying dust to where it could filter down onto food or food areas after it is applied. Also, be aware of any air currents that could transfer dust to containers or other objects, leading to food contamination.
* If the applicator is to apply any kind of dust for extended periods of time, he or she should wear a respirator approved by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
* When using high-volume or high-pressure equipment to apply dust in attics or sub-floor crawl spaces, wear a NIOSH-approved respirator. Also, shut off fans, air conditioners, and hot-air heating equipment if necessary. If the dust is combustible, put out all flames and pilot lights, and shut down all spark-producing equipment in the treated area to avoid explosions.
* In general, do not place the tip of the duster in a moist location or allow the duster to sit in moist environments as it will absorb water and become clogged. Clogged dusters can be cleaned by scraping out the spout with a piece of stiff wire.
* Always follow the label when using DeltaDust.
The B&G Bulb Duster comes with a variety of extensions for applying the dust in carpenter bee holes. The extensions include a curved tip that allows you to get the dust exactly where you need it.
The Trebor 3/8 inch plugs are just the right size to plug existing carpenter bee holes. 20 plugs are included with this kit.
See all 5 reviews »
9 of 9 people found this review helpful:
Carpenter Bee Control Kit
July 1, 2013
Here in Texas we have lots of carpenter bees and I purchased a log cabin that had been vacant and the bees made themselves at home. I ordered the kit and started filling in the holes, spray first then a plug and then I used caulking over the plug. The only downfall was I should have ordered extra plugs as I ran out. The bees seem to have found somewhere else to go as I haven't seen any evidence of them since using the kit. Thank you "DoMyOwnPestControl" I will be ordering more from you.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful:
By Marc on May 20, 2014
followed the directions. got rid of all my bees took two applications but well worth the money
Great product for a DIY'er
By Don on June 12, 2014
I've seen the exterminator do this from time to time, and this kit is better than what they brought. Easy to fill and use. Highly recommend.
carpenter bee kit
By Frank on July 1, 2014
used powder, liquid spray and plugs as directed by internet instructions and haven't seen any carpenter bees or new damage in two weeks ( I keep my fingers crossed and my eyes open). If nothing happens the rest of this year or spring of next year I'll be a real happy customer.
By Shaheen on July 1, 2014
Bees are gone after first application. Works very well.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
May 1, 2014Sara from Houma, La asked:
QWhat is the best product to eradicate carpenter bees?
AWe would recommend applying the products in our Carpenter Bee Kit for the best treatment. You will apply the FenvaStar as a surface application and allow to dry completely prior to lightly dusting the bored holes. Leave the holes open for 2-3 months and then they can be plugged using the trebor plugs included. We recommend applying a surface application monthly on the exterior and dusting early spring and early fall. Please let us know if you need anything else. We are always happy to help! 866-581-7378 M-F 9-5 PM EST
February 21, 2014Larry from 125 Sunset Point, Anderson, Sc29626 asked:
QI have a super colony of carpenter bees eating my house! What chemical will kill them and keep them away?
April 24, 2014
QWhat do you suggest doing to get rid of bees that fly around my children's wooden playset?
I am thinking they are carpenter bees, since they are around wood, but I am not certain. In the afternoon, I can see about 15-20 of them all flying around the wooden playset. What product(s) do you suggest I use and in what manner? Thank you for your help.
ATo treat the swing set for Carpenter Bees, we recommend Carpenter Bee Control Kit. All products are safe for children and pets to be around after the treated area has dried.