Crane Fly Prevention Guide
How to Prevent European Crane Fly Problems In Your Lawn
Print Article By DoMyOwn staff
Preventing Crane Fly Lawn Problems
Keep Your Lawn Healthy
Follow Lawn Care Schedule
- Mow regularly and at the proper height
- Water only when necessary, and make sure to water deeply and infrequently rather than frequently for short periods of time.
- Fertilize, but not too much.
- Thinning a thick or excess thatch is important, since the larvae usually end up in this area.
- Make sure your soil has adequate drainage; these insects like wet environments.
- Letting your soil dry out in the late summer and early fall can help to kill some of the insects.
18 of 22 people found this article informative and helpful.