Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Dynatrap Indoor / Outdoor Insect Trap with Pole Mount and Twist To Close (DT1250) is the perfect solution to your insect control problems. This trap is very effective on getting rid of mosquitoes and other insects without using pesticides, chemicals, and without the need for zapping and buzzing, making this unit smokeless and pesticide and odor free. It uses a UV light and titanium dioxide-coated surface that produces Carbon Dioxide (CO2) to attract insects. Once they are lured inside, the vacuum will quietly suck and trap them inside the compartment until they dehydrate and die. It also highlights an exceptional twist-on/off feature that will make sure insects cannot escape while the unit is turned off for cleaning. It is made of durable materials to guarantee that it can withstand all kinds of weather.
The DT1250 comes with an optional 3-feet pole stand for your convenience so you can place it anywhere you want. Though at any time, you can place it on a table or any flat surface on your target area. This is ideal to use in and out of your home and can cover up to 1/2 acre. This product comes with a 1 year warranty.
|Target pests:||Mosquitoes and other insects|
|For use in:||Indoor and Outdoor|
|Pet safe:||Yes, when used as directed|
|Dimensions:||13.00 x 13.00 x 24.00|
|Coverage Area:||1/2 acre|
|Number of bulbs:||13.00 x 13.00 x 24.00|
|UV Power:||UV light bulb (7 watt) - approx. 3,000 hours/4months|
|Voltage:||7 ft. cord - 115 VAC (plugs into AC)|
|Material / Construction:||All weather construction|
|Warranty:||1 year warranty|
|Parts Included:||7-Watt Replacement Fluorescent Bulb (1 Piece)
Fan Blade and DC Motor Ultra-Long Life Replacement
Fan Blade Replacement
Large Capacity Net
Metal Pole Stand
|Shipping Weight:||16.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Dynamic Solutions (Mfg. Number: DT1250)|
How To Install the Dynatrap
- Unpack unit. Save carton for off-season storage (if needed).
- Assemble stand: Pull the cord tight through the pole stand. Turn base on its side and insert bottom threaded plastic piece into base, connecting to the threaded plastic cap. Twist threaded plastic cap clockwise to tighten. Complete installation by aligning upper and lower support tube and inserting the bar sections. (For more detailed instructions, please refer to the assembly guide.)
- Plug cord into an outlet or UL listed extension cord as described in “IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS”.
- Hold the Power switch on the side of the revolving rotation door. Twist the unit to the “Power ON” position. When you hear a “click”, the machine is turned on.
- For best catch results leave unit on at all times, except when cleaning or servicing.
- Catch rate activity will be higher at night. For best catch results it is recommended to keep the unit away from competing light sources. Intended for household use only.
- It is recommended to place the unit at least 10 to 20 feet away from where people will be sitting.
- This unit is all weather resistant – designed for outdoor use including rainy conditions.
Frequent cleaning will prolong the life of the unit, ensure fire prevention and provide for more efficient operation.
- Be sure to clean the unit once per week
- To clean, hold the switch on the revolving rotation door and turn it to the “POWER OFF” position. After hearing the “click”, the machine is turned off. Unplug the unit.
- For weekly cleaning, remove the screw securing the retaining cage and then twist the cage clockwise. Remove any buildup from the inside of the retaining cage and fan with a brush (included).
- For major cleaning, remove the four screws securing the fan housing to the light housing. After removing the screws, gently pull the fan housing away from the light housing. Using a soft brush, remove dirt and debris from the light housing. Once the cleaning process has been completed, align the screw holes in the fan housing with the screw holes in the lighting unit and tighten the screws to the base of the lighting unit.
- When replacing the retaining cage – DO NOT press/push against the screen windows.
The light bulb life expectancy is approximately 3,000 hours (or about 4 months), and should be replaced regularly to ensure optimal UV effectiveness. Even though the bulb’s light may be visible to you, its ability to attract insects diminishes over time.
- Turn power switch to “off” position. UNPLUG UNIT, and allow bulb to cool before replacing.
- Remove retaining cage, and turn unit upside down.
- Remove the four screws securing the fan housing to the light housing. After removing the screws, gently pull the fan housing away from the light housing. Using a soft brush, remove dirt and debris from the light housing. Once the cleaning process has been completed, untighten the screw securing the base of the light bulb to the light housing. Slide the metal bracket to the side. Cover the bulb with a cloth to protect your finger and hand. Grasp the bulb (with your hand and fingers protected by the cloth) and gently pull the bulb from the socket.
- Remove any debris from the lamp socket with a brush before inserting the new bulb. Replace the metal plate over the base of the bulb and tighten the retaining screw.
- Align the screw holes in the fan housing with the screw holes in the lighting unit and tighten the screws to the base of the lighting unit.
- Replace the retaining cage at the bottom of the unit.
See all 1 reviews »
By Carol in Tucson, AZ on 03/17/2015
I've had the Dynatrap running for a week now. Although I don't have lots of mosquito's, the flies abound here because of horses my neighbors own. Mostly all I saw were moths, no flies. Hopefully there will more flies in the future. I remain cautiously optimistic.