Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Dynatrap Insect Trap - Indoor/Outdoor The Original Insect Trap (DT1000) is the perfect solution to your insect control problems. This trap is very effective on getting rid of mosquitoes and other insects without using pesticides, chemicals, and without the need for zapping and buzzing, making this unit smokeless and pesticide and odor free. It uses a UV light and Titanium dioxide-coated surface that produces Carbon Dioxide (CO2) to attract insects. Once they were lured inside, the vacuum will quietly suck and trap them inside the compartment until they dehydrate and die. It is made of durable materials to guarantee that it can withstand all kinds of weather.
The DT1000 comes with a hanging chain but it can also be placed on a table or any flat surface of your target area. This is ideal to use in and out of your home and can cover up to 1/2 acre. This product comes with a 1 year warranty.
|Target pests:||Mosquitoes and other insects|
|For use in:||Indoor and Outdoor|
|Pet safe:||Yes, when used as directed|
|Dimensions:||9.8' Diameter x 13' Height|
|Coverage Area:||1/2 acre|
|Number of bulbs:||1|
|UV Power:||UV light bulb (7 watt) - approx. 3,000 hours/4months|
|Voltage:||7 ft. cord - 115 VAC (plugs into AC). The new 12v version can be used with 110v or 220v system.|
|Material / Construction:||All weather construction|
|Warranty:||1 year warranty|
|Parts Included:||7-Watt Replacement Fluorescent Bulb (1 Piece)
Fan Blade and DC Motor Ultra-Long Life Replacement
|Shipping Weight:||4.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Dynamic Solutions (Mfg. Number: DT1000)|
How To Install the Dynatrap
- Unpack unit. Save carton for off-season storage (if needed).
- If hanging the unit, place approximately 3–6 feet above floor/ground level for optimal catch rate and easy access for cleaning.
- Plug cord into an outlet or UL listed extension cord as described in “IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS”.
- For best catch results leave unit on at all times, except when cleaning or servicing.
- Catch rate activity will be higher at night. For best catch results it is recommended to keep the unit away from competing light sources. Intended for household use only.
- It is recommended to place the unit at least 10 to 20 feet away from where people will be sitting.
- This unit is all weather resistant – designed for outdoor use including rainy conditions.
Frequent cleaning will prolong the life of the unit, ensure fire prevention and provide for more efficient operation.
- Be sure to clean the unit once per week
- Switch the unit off and unplug before cleaning.
- For weekly cleaning, remove the cage by turning it clockwise. Remove any buildup from the inside of the retaining cage and fan with a brush (included).
- For major cleaning, press and separate middle body as described below in “Replacing Bulbs.” (Recommended once a year after peak season).
- When replacing retaining cage, DO NOT press or hold onto screen windows. Should the screen detach from the frame, re-align the screen into the track within the frame.
The light bulb life expectancy is approximately 3,000 hours (or about 4 months), and should be replaced regularly to ensure optimal UV effectiveness. Even though the bulb’s light may be visible to you, its ability to attract insects diminishes over time.
- Turn power switch to “off” position. UNPLUG UNIT, and allow bulb to cool before replacing.
- Remove retaining cage, and turn unit upside down.
- Separate the middle body from the upper body. Some force may be required to separate the pieces.
- Carefully pull the bulb from the socket and replace with a new one. (NOTE: Bulb may be held in place by a metal bracket for shipping. Unscrew and remove metal bracket to remove the bulb. The bracket is not necessary and may be discarded.)
- After bulb has been replaced, re-attach middle body to upper body. Make certain that the middle body snaps into place and that fan wires are not pinched.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
05/20/2014 William from Starkville, Ms
QWhat bulb is used in this unit and what is it's price?
AThe DynaTrap has a 7 Watt Replacement Bulb which is currently $14.18.
05/11/2015 Mary from Wilmington, De
QWhy is it recommended the Dynatrap Insect Trap - Indoor/Outdoor The Original Insect Trap (DT1000) be placed 10-20 feet from where people are sitting? Is it safe to be closer to where pets will be?
AThe manufacturer recommends on the product label that the Dynatrap Insect Trap - Indoor/Outdoor The Original Insect Trap (DT1000) be placed 10-20 feet from where people and pets are sitting. It is also important to install where there will not be a competing light source.