Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Espoma Bulb-Tone Plant Food is a complex blend of 100 percent natural and organic ingredients that provides a complete and balanced feeding to meet the special nutritional needs of bulbs and tubers. The bulb-tone is rich in bone meal and it is enhanced with Bio-tone Beneficial Microbes that biologically boost the natural plant food to ensure excellent plant growth. This organic food breaks down slowly for steady and constant feeding. The product is certified safe for humans, pets and the environment. Also, this won't burn or leach away.
The Espoma Bulb-Tone Plant Food weighs 4 pounds and it is packed in an easy to close bag. 1 pound is equivalent to approximately 3 cupfuls. This plant food is highly recommended for all bulbs like crocus, daffodils, hyacinths and tulips.
|Active Ingredient:||Total Nitrogen - 3.0%
Available Phosphate - 5.0%
Soluble Potash - 3.0%
Calcium - 6.0%
Magnesium - 1.0%
Sulfur - 1.0%
|For use in:||Tulips, Daffodils, Crocus and Hyacinths|
|Application:||* See label for complete application instructions|
|Yield:||4 lbs. covers up to 60 sq. ft.|
|Special Features:||Enhanced with Bio-tone beneficial microbes|
|Shipping Weight:||4.25 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||The Espoma Company (Mfg. Number: BT4)|
One pound equals approx. 3 cupfuls
- Plant bulbs in loose, well drained soil rich in organic matter.
- Plant bulbs at the correct depth (see chart on side).
- Row Planting - Mix 1.5 lbs. (4.5 cups) of Bulb-tone into the soil for each 25' of row.
- Individual Bulbs - Apply 1.5 heaping teaspoons into the planting hole and cover with soil.
- Bed Plantings - Mix 4 lbs. per 60 sq. ft. into the soil.
Feeding Established Bulbs
- Apply Bulb-tone again when Spring and Summer plantings reach 6 inches in height.
- Fall plantings can be fed again after they have bloomed in the Spring.
- Bed Plantings - Apply 4 lbs. per 60 sq. ft. and wash off any plant food that is on the foliage.
- Individual Bulbs - Sprinkle 1.5 heaping teaspoons around and 2-3 inches away from each plant.
- Dahlias and gladioli can be fed monthly.