Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Espoma Palm-Tone Plant Food is an all-natural plant food which is a popular choice for palms, hibiscus, and tropical plants. It's a special blend that contains 100% natural and organic ingredients to give a balance and complete food to your plants. It is enhanced with Bio-tone beneficial microbes that boosts the growth of plant and provide the nutrients it needs.
The Espoma Palm-Tone Plant Food weighs 4 pounds and it is packed in an easy-to-open bag. One pound is equivalent to approximately 3 cupfuls. Palm trees should be fed four times every year – early spring, late spring, mid-summer and fall. Hibiscus should be fed 4 times each year but the amount varies depending on the size of the plant.
|Active Ingredient:||Total Nitrogen - 4%
Available Phosphate - 1.0%
Soluble Potash - 5%
Calcium - 1.0%
Magnesium - 0.5%
Sulfur - 1%
|For use in:||Palm, Hibiscus and Tropical Plants|
|Application:||* See label for complete application instructions|
|Special Features:||Enhanced with Bio-tone beneficial microbes|
|Shipping Weight:||4.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||The Espoma Company (Mfg. Number: PM-4)|
One pound equals approx. 3 cupfuls
- Dig a hole twice as wide and the same depth as the root ball.
- Remove 1/3 of the soil and replace it with compost, peat moos or a good planting mix.
- Mix 1 cup of Espoma Palm-tone into the amended soil.
- Set the root ball in the hole and backfill with the amended soil.
- After settling, the soil level next to the trunk should be at the same level at which the tree grew in the nursery field or container.
- Water thoroughly after planting. Check soil moisture regularly and water as needed.
Feeding Established Palms
- Feed palm trees 4 times per year at three month intervals.
- Calculate the area beneath the branches of the tree and feed at a rate of 3 lbs. per 100 sq.ft. of area (1 cup per 10 sq.ft.)
- Sprinkle the plant food evenly around the outer edge of the branches of the tree and mix into the soil.
Feeding Established Hibiscus
- Feed hibiscus 4 times per year: early spring, late spring, mid-summer, & late fall.
- Follow rates in the chart below and sprinkle the plant food under the outer edges of the branches. Mix into the soil and keep the plant food at least 6" from the trunk.
- Water thoroughly after each application.