Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
This Throw and Gro No Till Forage by Evolved Harvest will enable you to attract deer any where you want to hunt. These seeds can be planted in areas that are unable to use heavy machinery - without discing.The seeds in this product includes Forage Clovers, Forage Rape Brassica and Forage Tetraploid Ryegrass.
Forage Clovers in this mix grows faster than other clovers. It is able to grow to be more than 24'' in height, which will give your deer herd plenty of palatable forage. The protein in this forage will give deer what they want and need.
Forage Rape Brassica will deliver high levels of protein and minerals up to 38%. It is able to be used to a variety of soils and weather conditions. It will produce large leaf forage that will be handy in the winter months. The height of the average full grow plant is 24''. When they are fully matured, they will produce more sugars in their leaves and will attract more deer.
The Forage Tetraploid Ryegrass will produce higher quality forage with more sugar content and protein than any other ryegrass out on the market.
This can be planted either in the Spring or Fall. 20 lbs will cover 1 acre.
|Coverage Area:||20 lbs plants 1 acre; 43,560 sq ft or 48 yards by 100 yards (approx 1 football field)|
|Shipping Weight:||5.15 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Evolved (Mfg. Number: 70505)|
Follow these 5 easy steps for best results when planting Throw & Gro in a NO-TILL application:
1. Select a Plot Area - Look for a level area that gets at least a half day of sunlight. An area in the woods that was recently cleared or an abandoned field are perfect for Throw & Gro no-till applications.
2. Ground Preparation - Remove weed competition and leaves by raking, spraying or mowing. It is still important to give the seeds in Throw & Gro as much help as possible to reach bare ground. Contact with the ground is required for any seed to grow.
3. Fertilize & Lime - A soil test can be used to determine exact fertilizer and lime needed. If a soil test cannot be performed, use the following recommendations:
a. 300 lbs of 13-13-13 fertilizer per acre or equivalent.
b. 2,000 lbs of Lime per acre.
4. Broadcast Seeds - Spread the seeds evenly over the prepared area at the rate of 20 lbs per acre. If the ground has not been broken with machinery, dragging the plot with fencing will help ensure ground contact with the seed.
5. Maintenance - When the plot grows to 3” tall you can fertilize again with up to 40 lbs of ammonium nitrate per acre or equivalent. This will help establish your plot but only use when the ground is moist to reduce the chances of burning. You can repeat this step again to push your plot to keep producing forage faster as the deer begin to forage heavily on the plot.
Planting with Heavy Equipment:
The plants in Throw & Gro, like all other plants, will produce more abundantly when planted in a properly prepared seed bed; therefore, whenever possible follow these planting Instructions.
Cultivate the soil 4” - 6” deep, to remove competing weeds and add fertilizer and lime as recommended. After cultivating, it is important to level and pack the soil before seeding the plot. Lightly pack the soil by running over your food plot with an ATV or a roller.
a. Fertilizer Requirements - A soil test should be performed prior to planting to determine your plots need for fertilizer and lime. If a soil test cannot be done, we recommend preparing the seed bed by applying up to 300 lbs of 13-13-13 fertilizer or equivalent per acre.
b. pH of Soil & Liming - The recommended soil pH is 6.0 - 7.5. A soil test should be performed prior to planting to determine your soil pH and the need for lime and fertilizer. If a soil test cannot be done, we recommend preparing the seed bed by applying up to 2,000 lbs of lime per acre.
Throw & Gro contains small seeds that do not need to be covered. We recommend broadcasting the seed and then rolling the seed into the seed bed by running over your food plot with an ATV or a roller. Never cover the seeds with more than 3/16” of dirt.
Soil moisture is vital to the plants being able to establish themselves. The soil should be moist when planting, with a reasonable expectation of future rainfall. If adequate moisture is not available for an extended period after planting, the plot may fail to establish properly.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
QIs the Evolved Harvest - Throw and Gro No Till Forage a perenal or annual?
AThe Evolved Harvest Throw And Gro No Till Forage contains Forage Clovers, Forage Rape Brassica, and Forage Tetraploid Ryegrass are all annuals.