Fire Ant Killer
By DoMyOwn staff
Fire Ant Killer Poisons
While it is possible to completely eliminate Fire ants from a single property for a short period of time, Fire ants are known to reinvade quickly. Regular repeat treatments of professional grade Fire ant killers are needed to keep Fire ant populations at a minimum.
1) Fire Ant Killer Granular Baits
When it comes to fire ants, killing the "queen" ant is vital to colony elimination and control. Once the queen is killed, the colony will have no chance of relocating. Baiting is an effective method for Fire ant control because it allows foraging ants to feed the queen.
- Maxforce Fire Ant Bait -An effective granular bait for eradicating Fire ant colonies in lawns and landscaped areas.
- Extinguish Plus Fire Ant Bait- Fire Ant bait with IGR and an added insecticide that kills Fire ants and prevents the queen from laying fertile eggs.
- Advion Fire Ant Bait- Fast and effective control of imported Fire ants in 24-72 hours.
2) Liquid Fire Ant Killer Poison (for mound drenching)
Once you have applied the granular bait and waited for several days, you are ready to drench the mound with a fast-acting residual Fire ant killer. This method destroys ants quickly.
1) Mix the residual product with water according to the product label in a gallon sprayer.
2) Apply sufficient quantities to penetrate the entire mound (quantities will range from 2 gallons to 4 gallons depending on mound size). To ensure total penetration, use a rod to form vertical tunnels in the mound before drenching.
Excellent residual insecticide with a broad label including termites and 75 other pests.
Demon WP Insecticide
For residual and contact control of many insect pests.
These liquid fire ant killers may also be used as perimeter treatments around the home or other structure to prevent fire ants from entering.
View all Fire Ant Control products
Fire Ant Bait
Fire Ant Mound Treatments
Fire Ants Identification & Biology