By DoMyOwnPestControl.com staff
Ultraviolet fly light traps are safe, discreet, effective, and powerful. As an alternative to toxic chemical sprays, flies (and other bugs) find them irresistible- and you will too.
An Ultraviolet Fly Light Trap is an insect trap that uses powerful ultraviolet rays to attract flies and other flying insect pests without the use of chemicals harmful, toxic chemicals.
UV Fly Light Traps are ideal for use in settings and situations where using traditional fly sprays or chemicals would not be appropriate, or where discreet, low profile control is desired-such as kitchens, restaurants, or store fronts.
1) Ultraviolet Pheromone (Glue) Traps also attract flies using ultraviolet rays, but instead of electrocution, the fly gets stuck on a removable glue strip. Glue strips utilize pheromones to further attract nuisance flies that are not as readily attracted to the ultraviolet light. This model is appropriate for most public and food settings.
2) Ultraviolet Fly Zappers attract flies using ultraviolet rays, and then electrocute them. Fly Zappers are often used in warehouses. They are not generally appropriate for residential areas, business applications, or food-preparation areas where fly body parts might fall into food.
1) Ultraviolet rays are not harmful to people or pets, unlike toxic chemicals.
2) No unpleasant odors.
3) Powerful ultraviolet light provides for optimum coverage.
4) Ultraviolet rays attract a wide range of flying insects, not just flies.
5) Many ultraviolet fly traps are designed to look like ordinary light fixtures, making them perfect for discreet control in public venues.
When using an ultraviolet fly trap the following recommendations should be followed to maintain a successful fly management program:
View our entire line of Fly Control products, including fly bait, fly traps, and fly lights.
Sticky Pheromone Fly Traps
Getting Rid of Fruit Flies
Indoor Fly Control
Outdoor Fly Control
Natural Fly Control