How Surface Sprays Contribute to Overall Fly Control
In addition to indoor traps and baits, a surface fly spray applied to the exterior of a structure can often do much to speed the control process. How? Flies landing on a structure treated with a surface pesticide labeled for flies will die long before they can get inside. This is especially true in the case of cluster flies and other such flies that tend to rest on flat surfaces.
Surface fly sprays offer long-lasting protection-- up to 30 days in most cases under normal weather conditions. In addition to fly control, comprehensive surface sprays also provide control over a broad range of insect pests including roaches, ants, and spiders.
An exception to the efficacy of surface sprays for fly control are biting flies. A surface spray may not be effective against biting flies as these species are more often looking for a meal than a resting place. Unless a fly rests on the treated surface for more than a few seconds, it may not be affected.
Surface Fly Spray Formulations
1) Wettable Powders (WP):
- Cynoff WP, Demon WP and Talstar One.
- Longest lasting residual- 90 days + indoors; 30 to 90 days outdoors
- May leave a residue on dark surfaces. (If residue is undesirable, use Talstar One, or other liquid concentrate.)
2) Liquid Concentrates:
You will also need a 1 gallon or 2 gallon sprayer to apply these products.
- Cynoff EC Residual lasts about 30 days indoors, 10 to 30 days outdoors.
- Suspend SC, Demand CS are liquid concentrates that offer a longer residual than EC formulations, but not as long as wettable powders.
View our entire line of Fly Control products, including fly bait, fly traps, and fly lights.
Fly Light Traps
Sticky Pheromone Fly Traps
Getting Rid of Flies
Indoor Fly Control
Outdoor Fly Control
Natural Fly Control