Fruit Fly Inspection Guide
Learn Where Fruit Flies Come From, Live & Hide
Locate The Food Source
Where Do Fruit Flies Come From, Live, & Hide
You should inspect the following areas to find the decaying organic matter that fruit flies are breeding in:
- On counters where fruit or vegetables are stored
- In trash cans, under trashbags
- In drip pans under the refrigerator
- In sink or floor drains
- Under kitchen appliances where fruit juice or vegetable juices may have spilled
- Around or under loose floor or counter tiles
- Near the kick plate under counters
- In soda lines of drink dispensing machines
If you are having trouble locating where the fruit flies are breeding, you can try placing out small glue boards in the room where the fruit flies are being found. Inspect the glue boards daily and note which glue boards have the most activity. This will help you close in on the breeding location. The glue boards with the lure will also help to eliminate actively breeding fruit flies and monitor level of infestation.
Products needed for Inspection 1
18 of 18 people found this article informative and helpful.