Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Gordons Ornamec 170 Grass Herbicide is a selective post-emergence herbicide that’s specially designed to maintain landscape beds. It’s a specially formulated liquid herbicide that uses Fluazifop-P-butyl as its active ingredient to help control unwanted annual and perennial grasses such as panicum, crabgrass, goosegrass, foxtail, sandbur, barnyardgrass, bermudagrass, quackgrass, torpedograss and johnsongrass. It helps eliminate hand-weeding and it doesn’t require additional surfactant because it is pre-blended for the user’s convenience. It also reduces the risk of ornamental plant injury and it guarantees fast and efficient action. It can be used in and around groundcovers, shrubs and trees, landscape beds, ornamental beds, tree wells, fence lines, or other areas where control of unwanted grasses is desired.
|Active Ingredient:||Fluazifop-P-butyl - 1.70%|
|Target pests:||Barnyardgrass, Bermudagrass, Crabgrass (large & smooth), Foxtail, Goosegrass, Wild oats, Witchgrass and more
* See label for complete list
|For use in:||In and around Ornamental Plants; groundcovers, shrubs, trees, landscape beds, ornamental beds, tree wells, fence lines and others|
|Application:||10 oz. per gallon of water
* See label for complete application instructions
|Pet safe:||Yes, if used as directed on label|
|Coverage Area:||Up to 5,000 sq. ft.|
|Special Features:||Requires no additional surfactant|
|Shipping Weight:||2.10 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||PBI Gordon Corporation (Mfg. Number: 6771086)|
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
APPLICATION DIRECTIONS: ORNAMEC 170 GRASS HERBICIDE can be used to control grass weeds in many newly transplanted and established ornamentals, trees, shrubs and groundcovers. Apply to actively growing grass weeds before they exceed the recommended growth stages shown below.
Do not apply ORNAMEC 170 GRASS HERBICIDE if rainfall is expected within 1 hour.
“Over-the-top” applications are recommended for the ornamentals listed in Table 1 (see label). “Over-the-top” applications are defined as spray patterns delivered to the upper portions of the established ornamentals and target weeds. Use sufficient spray volumes to ensure a uniform distribution and complete spray coverage of the target weeds.
Directed spray applications are recommended for the ornamentals listed in Tables 2, 3, and 4 (see label). Directed spray applications are defined as spray patterns aimed or directed toward the lower portion of the established ornamentals, and this method of application will minimize the phytotoxicity of the desired species. If the growth habit of the plant or other factors do not allow a directed spray, an over-the-top application can be made to plants in Tables 2, 3, and 4. However, there is the possibility of damage in the range listed for each table when applied at label rates. Refer to Tables 2, 3, and 4 (see label) for the list of ornamental species appropriate for directed spray applications.
DO NOT APPLY TO ORNAMENTALS THAT MAY BE HARVESTED FOR FOOD WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER APPLICATION.
SPOT TREATMENTS FOR ORNAMENTALS, TREES, SHRUBS AND GROUNDCOVERS: Mix ORNAMEC 170 GRASS HERBICIDE with water according to the amounts shown in the following chart. Spray to obtain thorough coverage, but do not spray to runoff. Retreat if necessary.
BROADCAST APPLICATION FOR ORNAMENTALS, TREES,SHRUBS AND GROUNDCOVERS:
ANNUAL AND PERENNIAL GRASS CONTROL DIRECTIONS
- For annual grass species, use 6 to 9 fluid ounces of ORNAMEC 170 GRASS HERBICIDE per 1000 square feet.
- For perennial grass species, use 9 fluid ounces of ORNAMEC 170 GRASS HERBICIDE per 1000 square feet per application. Three applications will be needed.
- The maximum amount of fluazifop-R-butyl per treated area per season is 1.1 pounds active ingredient per acre per season (27 fl. oz. per 1000 sq. ft. per season).
- Spray to obtain thorough coverage of grass foliage, but not to runoff. Repeat treatments may be necessary to provide full season control.
- Use standard hollow cone or flat fan nozzles.
- Apply ORNAMEC 170 GRASS HERBICIDE herbicide to actively growing grasses before they exceed the recommended growth stages shown below.
- Do not apply ORNAMEC 170 GRASS HERBICIDE herbicide to grasses which are stressed due to moisture, temperature, low soil fertility, mechanical or chemical injury.
- Do not apply to grasses which have tillered, formed seedheads, or exceeded recommended growth stages.
- Apply ORNAMEC 170 GRASS HERBICIDE herbicide when the first grass species in a mixed grass weed population reaches the recommended growth stage for treatment.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
05/14/2015 Don from Houston Texas
QWill Gordons Ornamec 170 Grass Herbicide kill the bermuda grass invading my St. Augustine with out harming it?
AUnfortunately, Bermuda grass is so closely related to St. Augustine grass that there is nothing that will remove Bermuda from St. Augustine and not hurt the Bermuda as well. In your situation, it is recommended to spot treat the Bermuda with Round Up and kill it directly, and then replant St. Augustine in those areas. We do carry some professional round up products: http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/nonselective-herbicides-c-188_408.html
03/12/2016 Michael from Hanahan, Sc
QWill Gordons Ornamec 170 Grass Herbicide work in Centipede lawns?
A Gordons Ornamec 170 Grass Herbicide is for use in maintaining grasses in landscaped beds and is not for applying to lawns. †If you could tell us what type of weeds, grassy or broadleaf, you are trying to control we could make a better recommendation for you.
Gordons Ornamec 170 Grass Herbicide is for use in maintaining grasses in landscaped beds and is not for applying to lawns. †If you could tell us what type of weeds, grassy or broadleaf, you are trying to control we could make a better recommendation for you.