Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
With the Grow Up Deluxe Hydrogarden Unit, you will be able to produce your own fruits, flowers, vegetables, and herbs at home. Simple and easy to setup, it is perfect for the smallest of spaces. The Grow Up Hydrogarden Unit has the items you need to effectively grow food that will be healthier in your home, and reduce the cost of the food bills. With the advanced technology of hydroponics, you will achieve maximum growth and your harvest will be packed with nutrients for your health which are essential for your body and mind. You can grow 20 different small to large vegetables and fruits like broccoli, beets, eggplants, cucumbers, greens, peppers, melons, strawberries, tomatoes, herbs and much more in one Grow Up Deluxe Hydrogarden Unit. The Grow Up Deluxe Hydrgarden Unit uses 90% less water and only takes up 4 sq ft of space. It uses no soil, which mean no weeds and no mess.
The Grow Up Deluxe Hydrogarden Unit items include:
(5) Garden Pots in Terra Cotta, (1) 20 Gallon Base Reservoir Tub in Terra Cotta, (1) Reservior Lid in Terra Cotta, (1) Pump, Submersible, PVC Pipe, User Manual
* Dimensions: 2' 1" x 4', Terra Cotta, UV Protected Food Grade Plastic, and Made in the USA
* The Perlite is NOT included, and is sold separately.
* The Dyna-Gro Foliage-Pro 9-3-6 is NOT included, and is sold separately.
|For use in:||Garden Anywhere: Pool Deck, Patio, Roof Top, Porch, or Balcony|
|Application:||6 hours of daily sunshine is recommended for ideal plant growth. If the sun only shines on one side of your Hydrogarden, rotate the reservior 180 degrees once a week.
Remember to always add water and nutrients together and never let the water level go below the top of the pump.
Test your water's pH prior to adding nutrients and test again within 24 hours to ensure proper balance. The ideal pH range is between 5.5 and 6.5. Adjust as needed.
Use only Colossal Rock Perlite provided and be sure your plant roots are completely covered. The use of dirt, small sized Perlite or any other growing medium will clog the PVC pipe and void the warranty.
|Dimensions:||2.15 ft. x 4 ft.|
|Tank Size (gal.):||20 Gallons|
|Material / Construction:||Food Grade Plastic (HD polyethylene)|
|Special Features:||The 9 Qt bag of Colossal Rock Perlite that is 100% organic and pH balanced is recommended for the gardening pots to improve drainage and aeration. The Perlite is NOT included, and is sold separately.
The Dyna-Gro Foliage-Pro 9-3-6 nutrient solution is also recommended as the liquid fertilizer. It outperforms all other fertilizers in low light environments. The Dyna-Gro Foliage-Pro 9-3-6 is NOT included, and is sold separately.
|Shipping Weight:||33.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Grow Up, LLC (Mfg. Number: HGTCU)|
The hydroponic gardening method was first mentioned in 1627 in a book called Sylva Sylvarum by Francis Bacon. Prior to that, it is believed that the famous hanging Gardens of Babylon and the Floating Gardens of China were the earliest forms of hydroponics.
The use of hydroponic gardening eliminates soil and uses only water enriched with nutrients to grow plants. By eliminating soil, the nutrients get pumped directly into the plants and reduce excess water usage. Hydroponic gardening also eliminates root competition, treating plants to a constant flow of nutrients. This allows them to focus their energy on faster growth, bigger yields and more flavorful produce.
Growing a hydrogarden is an excellent choice for experienced gardeners and beginners that are seeking higher yields, simple maintenance and great tasting nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables.
Simple, delicious and perfect for even the smallest spaces, Grow Up Hydrogarden gives you the tools to effectively grow healthy food from home, at a fraction of the cost of purchased produce. Crops grown using Grow Up Hydrogarden are packed full of flavor and essential nutrients. You will taste the difference in every hydrogarden harvest. Its vertical design occupies just 4 square feet of space and is ideal for gardening from your patio, pool deck, balcony or roof top.
Using advanced hydroponic technology, for maximum growth, crops are power-packed with nutrients that are essential to the health of your mind and body. Grow Up to 20 different small, medium and large vegetables, fruits and herbs like eggplants, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, melons, greens, strawberries, beets, herbs and more in just one Grow Up Hydrogarden unit. With proper planning and advice from a physician, you could plant and harvest vegetables and herbs that not only enhance your favorite recipes but improve your energy and health.
Hydrogardening is easy for anyone, anywhere to grow their own fresh vegetables, fruits, herbs and flowers from home. No soil, no ground pests, no weeding, no bending and at a fraction of the cost of purchasing organic produce from the grocery store, Grow Up makes delicious, nutrient-rich food accessible to all seniors, urban dwellers, hospitals, gardening clubs and students.
So, whether you are urban dweller residing in a condo or townhome, or an active senior or student seeking a simple system to harvest your own crops, Grow Up Hydrogarden has a solution for you.
Creating your Hydrogarden
1. Place reservoir in a sunny location on level ground or flooring near a power source.
2. Fill the reservoir tub 1/2 -3/4 full of water and use the pH tester provided in the Deluxe Unit to test its pH. Adjust as needed.
3. Add 1 tsp. of Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro 9-3-6 nutrients per gallon of water when initially filling or replenishing the reservoir.
4. Place the pump into the center of the reservoir, feed the electric cord through the lid access cap and set both aside outside of the tub.
5. Firmly secure the PVC pipe into the pump hole and stand the PVC pipe up vertically with the cap on top.
6. Temporarily replace the PVC cap with tape while you slide the reservoir lid down the PVC pipe. Pull the electric cord through the lid access cap and snap the lid onto the reservoir.
7. Slide your first planter pot down the center of the PVC pipe and rest it securely on the reservoir lid.
8. Fill your planter pot 3/4 full of Perlite Colossal Rock.
9. Gently rinse most of the dirt from your plant roots before planting them in your planter’s pot. Plant one “bare-root” plant in each corner of the pot, leaning them slightly outward.
10. Add 1-2 cups of Perlite Colossal Rock as needed to fill your pot and cover all plant roots.
11. Repeat steps 7-10 for all 5 planter pots until all 5 pots are securely stacked above one another. Remove the tape from the top of the PVC pipe and replace with the PVC cap.
12. Plug the electric cord into your electrical outlet and you are ready to grow!
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
04/16/2015 Karen from Lithia, Fl.
QHow high can you stack pots on the Grow Up Deluxe Hydrogarden Unit?
Karen E firstname.lastname@example.org
AFor the Grow Up Deluxe Hydrogarden Unit you will stack pots to 4 feet in height.