Bob from Newnan, Ga writes,
How do I use the Vector 960 Fruit Fly Traps? No instructions included with order.
Vector 960 application instructions and tips:
1. Activate Vector 960 Fruit Fly Trap by pulling the cellophane wrapper off the base of the trap exposing the food grade attractant. Be careful not to spill the liquid attractant.
2. Snap the 10-hole venting cap onto the base and place trap as described below
Vector 960 Fruit Fly Trap Placement and Use:
1. Place the traps in areas where Fruit Flies have been seen. Place the traps where they will not be disturbed or tipped.
2. Avoid placing traps over food preparation areas or exposed food to minimize fruit fly activity and attraction in this area. These areas also have a high degree of human activity, which increases the chance that the trap will be tipped or knocked out of position.
3. Use supplied glue dots to secure the trap in place.
4. Remove the lid to count the number of adults in the trap. If there are a large number of captured flies in a single trap, you may want to strain the liquid for ease of counting.
5. Record trap counts on a site map.
6. Discard traps after 30-days of use and replace with new traps.
Common Use Areas:
Traps are most effective when placed near breeding sites. Place behind or under bars, beverage centers, dishwashers, food displays, food service islands, sinks, ovens, supply racks, vending machines, food preparation tables, etc.
Answer last updated on: 08/19/2014