Jeff from Bismarck, Nd writes,
How much Bonide Grass Beater do I mix in 1 gallon of water?
Unfortunately you did not give us any information to help determine what usage rate you should use. We recommend you review the product label to determine how much product you will require per 1,000 sq ft. Once you have determined the usage per 1,000 sq ft you follow the directions below to decide how much water you should per 1,000 sq ft (this will vary for every person as the type of equipment will be different and the walking speed of the applicator will be different).
1. Mark an area of 1,000 square feet (i.e. 20 by 50 feet or 25 by 40 feet).
2. Place the sprayer on a level surface and add water noting the final level of water in the spray tank.
3. Spray the marked area with a sufficient volume of water to provide uniform coverage. Refill the sprayer to the same level as before measuring the amount of water added. The measured water added to the sprayer is the volume needed to cover 1,000 square feet.
4. Determine the application rate as directed on the product label.
5. To each volume of water used as measured in step 3, add the amount of product as determined in step 4.
Example: If the sprayer uses 1 gallon of water to cover 1,000 square feet and the desired application rate of Bonide Grass Beater Over-The-Top Grass Killer is .80 fluid oz./1,000 square feet, then you would add .80 fluid ounces of Bonide Grass Beater Over-The-Top Grass Killer to every 1 gallon of water to be used."
If you still find you need help figuring out the correct usage rate (we know this label is confusing) please don't hesitate to call us and let one of our customer service representatives help you 866-581-7378 (M-F 9-5 EST)
Answer last updated on: 05/03/2013