How to Check for Bed bugs
DIY Bed Bug Inspection Guide
How to Find Bed bugs Yourself
Learn Where Bed bugs Hide & How to Spot Them
- A stiff and flat edged object like a credit card or a paint scraper
Check the Most Common Bed bug Hiding Spots
Where to Look for Bed bugs
- The number one area to search is on and around your bed and bed frame. Inspect the sheets and blankets to look for blood spots that are often left behind.
- Look carefully around areas people spend time resting or sitting idle such as recliners, couches and computer chairs.
- Check around edges or perimeter of the room. Look at the edges of baseboards and carpet for any bedbug evidence.
Inspect Less Common Areas
- Nightstands and dressers should be emptied and examined inside and out, then tipped over to inspect the woodwork beneath. Often, the bugs will be hiding in cracks, corners and recesses.
- Behind picture frames, under table lamps, under and in alarm clocks and other electronics
- Behind loose wallpaper and around the ceiling in the corners of the room
- Around window frames and door frames
- On curtains or drapes
244 of 244 people found this article informative and helpful.