How To Get Rid of Billbugs
Bluegrass Billbug Treatment & Control Guide
Print Article By DoMyOwn staff
Use The Right Products At The Right Time
Treating for billbugs at this time will also help to avoid the damage to your lawn that billbugs cause.You can check with your local cooperative extension office if you are not sure when billbugs hatch in your region.
Products needed for Step 1
Keep the following things in mind for a successful treatment:
- Choose products formulated to control billbugs or billbug larvae. It is very important that you choose a product that is labeled for the adult billbug if that is your target or the billbug larvae if that is your target.
- Watering your lawn a few days before application will help to bring larvae as close to the surface as possible to give you optimal chances of contact with insecticide.
- Mow lawn and remove clippings , and if the thatch layer is thick, aerate to increase penetration of the product.
- Products generally need to be watered in after application.
- Make sure you apply the product evenly to the entire area you want to treat.
- Read all label instructions carefully for proper application, application rates, etc.
Products needed for Step 2
44 of 44 people found this article informative and helpful.