How to Get Rid of Stink Bugs
Stink Bug Treatment & Control Guide
Print Article By DoMyOwnPestControl.com staff
Getting Rid of Stink Bug Problems
Do Stink Bugs Bite?No. Stink bugs do not bite or otherwise harm humans.
Stink bugs can also cause damage to fruit trees and vegetable plants but the treatment for this issue depends on the type of fruit tree or vegetable plant you have. If you have this problem, please call us for specific directions: 1-866-581-7378
When & Where to Treat
You will need a couple of tools and products to be able to perform your own stink bug control program.
- Hand pump or back pack sprayer
- Liquid concentrate insecticide
- Hand duster
- Dust insecticide
We recommend applying the liquid insecticide every 30 days around the exterior perimeter of your structure. Be sure children and pets are out of the areas during the application. They can return as soon as the areas have dried, usually about an hour. Mix the concentrated liquid insecticide as recommended on the product label. Using a hand pump sprayer or a backpack sprayer, apply the solution to the following areas:
- 1 foot up the foundation of the structure and 1 foot out on to the ground
- around areas where cables, pipes and wires enter into the structure
- around door frames and window frames
- around vents and soffits
- any other area on the structure
- around window and door frames
- around areas where cables, pipes and wires enter in to the structure
- around eaves and soffits
- any crack, crevice or gap where pests can enter
NOTE: In most instances where homes or other structures have had stink bug invasions in the past it can take more than one season to gain complete control. Typically about 80% control will be attained the first season.
PestXpert foaming insecticide spray will penetrate deep into cracks and crevices and is perfect for gap and void areas such as along gutters, in weep holes, along window sills, and in vertical seams of vinyl siding to help protect against stink bugs.
Products needed for Step 1
79 of 83 people found this article informative and helpful.