If I can smell this bait, should I be worried too much has been applied and I'm breathing in poison?
We hired a pest control company when we saw ants in our home. The "professional" brought this container, held it out to me and told me to smell it before he applied it in our attic. That was 10 days ago. Everyday, the part of the house directly under the attic smells worse and worse. It is the same fishy smell from the container of Advance bait he put into our attic. Why could the smell be getting worse? Did he use too much if we can smell it days later? Are the granules now settling into the insulation instead of laying on top allowing us to smell it better? Most importantly, is this dangerous to us or to our 5 month old baby? I'm just not sure whether the fact that we can smell this means we are breathing in poison.
Since we do not make the Advance Carpenter Ant Bait Granules, we would recommend contacting the manufacturer Whitmire Micro-Gen directly for your situation. They can be reached at 1-800-777-8570.
Answer last updated on: 01/15/2015