Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Image Kills Nutsedge is a selective, post-emergent herbicide that can be used on southern turf grass and selected ornamentals. It can be applied year-round. Its patented one-of-a-kind formula works by inhibiting the weeds' process of photosynthesis, which essentially starves them to death. Growth inhibition begins within a few hours of application, with yellowing occurring 1-2 weeks later. Full results are seen within 3-5 weeks. If necessary, a second application can be made after 6 weeks. Image Kills Nutsedge targets tough southern weeds including purple and yellow nutsedge, henbit, crabgrass, dollarweed, and dandelion. For established lawns only. Not for use on cool season grasses.
|Active Ingredient:||Imazaquin - 3.3%|
|Target pests:||Yellow & Purple Nutsedge or Nutgrass, Bahiagrass, Black medic, Bluegrass, Clover, Crabgrass, Chickweed, Dandelion, Henbit, Ryegrass, Wild Onion, Wild Garlic and others
* See label for complete list
|For use in:||Bermudagrass, Buffalograss, Centipedegrass, St. Augustinegrass, Zoysiagrass and selected landscape ornamentals
* See label for complete list
|Application:||Put Control Lever in the OFF position and shake well then attach to hose
*Turn water on and aim nozzle toward lawn and turn control lever to ON to begin spraying
*The product will automatically siphon and mix the water
*Water-in at a rate of 1/2 inch within 1 to 7 days to wash Image into the root zone where the greatest weed control activity occurs
*A second application can be made in 6 weeks
*When finished, turn control lever to OFF position and turn faucet off
*Discharge residual water pressure by turning control lever On and OFF again
|Pet safe:||Yes, when used as directed on label|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||CA, MN, NY|
|Coverage Area:||Treats 8,000 sq. ft.|
|Shipping Weight:||2.34 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Image (Mfg. Number: 100502676)|
Dos and Don'ts for Image Kills Nutsedge:
- DO read the complete label and follow all directions carefully.
- DO use on established Bermuda, Centipede, St. Augustinegrass (except for winter control) and Zoysia turfgrasses.
- DO use IMAGE Kills Nutsedge to control weeds like Purple and Yellow Nutsedge, Wild Onion and Garlic, Dollarweed, Field Sandbur and others (see label for complete list).
- DO apply to emerged Wild Onion and Garlic.
- DO mow Wild Onion and Garlic 1 to 2 weeks after treatment to improve control and lawn appearance.
- DO expect to see gradual control of treated weeds. Weeds will slowly disappear 3 to 4 weeks after spraying.
- DO expect to see temporary discoloration or slowed growth of weeds, which is an indication that IMAGE Herbicide is working to control weeds.
- DO enjoy the control of tough southern weeds without ugly brown out.
- Do water in 1 to 7 days after application.
- DON'T apply around shrubs or perennials not specifically listed on the label as tolerant ornamentals.
- DON'T apply around annual bedding plants or in vegetable gardens.
- DON'T apply to newly planted or sodded lawns.
- DON'T reseed or winter overseed turfgrasses for 1½ months after treatment.
- DON'T use on St. Augustinegrass for winter control.
- DON'T overlap when spraying.
- DON'T mow within 48 hours after application.
- DON'T use on cool season grasses.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
06/28/2015 Annette from Euless, Tx
QI have Nutsedge growing in my Asian Jasmine Bed. If I spray it with Image will it hurt my Asian Jasmine?
AImage Kills Nutsedge Ready to Spray is labeled to be applied on and will not kill Asiatic Jasmine also know as Asian Jasmine.
03/13/2014 Dianne from Jefferson, Georgia
QCan I use Image Kills Nutsedge Ready to Spray on an established centipede lawn?
I have wild onion or garlic in my established centipede lawn. I live in the Athens, Georgia area. The centipede will not green up until early May.
AImage Kills Nutsedge Ready to Spray can be applied to established centipede lawns. Per the product label, you should time applications to follow the first killing frost. It can be applied prior to or soon after the emergence of the listed weeds with the exception of wild onion and wild garlic which must be emerged at the time of application. It also may require more than one application.
07/29/2014 Norma from Mount Sinai, Ny
QHow much time do I need to wait between Image applications for nut grass?
I used my first application of Image for nut grass on July 23. I can see some results, but I think I may need another application. I am also have aeration and seeding done late September so if possible I would like to apply Image one more time.
AWith Image Kills Nutsedge Ready to Spray, a second application can be done 6 weeks after the initial application. Full results are normally seen within 3-5 weeks. Second applications are not always necessary. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
07/16/2016 Camille from Smithfield, Nc
QCan I use Image Kills Nutsedge Ready to Spray in my perennial and annual flower beds?
A Unfortunately, Image Kills Nutsedge Ready to Spray is not labeled for flower beds. You would need to do spot treatments within those flower beds with this product. You would just need to avoid spraying the desirable ornamentals.†
Unfortunately, Image Kills Nutsedge Ready to Spray is not labeled for flower beds. You would need to do spot treatments within those flower beds with this product. You would just need to avoid spraying the desirable ornamentals.†
08/08/2016 Dawn from Georgetown,tx
QCan Image Kills Nutsedge Ready to Spray be applied at any temperature?
A Image Kills Nutsedge Ready to Spray†works best when applied when temps are between 65-75 degrees.
Image Kills Nutsedge Ready to Spray†works best when applied when temps are between 65-75 degrees.
07/13/2014 Craig from Dallas, Tx
QDoes Image for nutsedge have an expiration date?
AImage Kills Nutsedge Ready to Spray if stored in a cool dry area will last for 2 years.
03/04/2016 Leonard from San Antonio, Texas
QIs it normal for the bottle of Image Kills Nutsedge Ready to Spray to still be full after spraying?
I applied the Image Ready to Spray product using the connect and spray method. After spraying the whole lawn the bottle was still full. Did the product get applied to my lawn?
A The application rate of††Image Kills Nutsedge Ready is very small. Are you treating a small area? You may also need to remove the top and make sure the syphon is properly intact. Please call us at 866-581-7378 if we can be of further assistance.†
The application rate of††Image Kills Nutsedge Ready is very small. Are you treating a small area? You may also need to remove the top and make sure the syphon is properly intact. Please call us at 866-581-7378 if we can be of further assistance.†