Indoor Fly Control
By DoMyOwnPestControl.com staff
Interior Fly Control can be achieved with a combination of appropriate indoor control methods including non-toxic fly traps, surface sprays, and exclusion practices.
1)Indoor Fly Traps
Fly Traps are traditionally the most popular and effective method of fly control.
Why Use All-Natural, Non-Toxic Fly Traps?
Many people are uncomfortable with the idea of having poisonous pesticide residue lurking inside their homes, especially where pets and children are present. Fortunately the pest control industry has heard and responded to the people's demand for all-natural control products. These natural fly traps are an environmentally-safe, completely non-toxic and child/pet friendly alternative to the traditional chemical fly traps, without sacrificing effectiveness.
- Description & Use. Catchmaster Gold Sticks are long tubes with a sticky glue and fly pheromone attractant for capturing and killing house flies and other nuisance flies. Perfect for use on window sills or hung vertically in areas of fly activity. May also be used in garages, homes, offices, barns and stables, dumpsters and more
- Special Product Features:
1. Environmentally safe formula contains NO chemicals.
2. Patented "clean access" perforated box is easy to use and handle.
- Description & Use. Natural Catch Plus Fruit Fly Traps lure fruit flies to their death using an all-natural vinegar based attractant. Simply puncture the top of Natural Catch Plus fruit fly trap with a ball point pen and place it on countertops, in fruit or baked good displays, or wherever pesky fruit flies are a problem. For best results, replace Natural Catch Plus fruit fly traps every 30 days.
- Special Product Features:
- Environmentally safe formula contains NO chemicals
- Ready To Use- can be placed right in the center of your fruit bowl!
- Guaranteed to reduce fruit fly populations 70 to 80 percent or more.
- Low- maintenance
2) Surface Sprays
Flies landing on a structure treated with a surface pesticide labeled for flies will die long before they can get inside. In addition to fly control, comprehensive surface sprays also provide control over a broad range of insect pests including roaches, ants, and spiders. Application requires a one gallon hand sprayer.
Where to apply surface sprays: Indoors, surface sprays can be applied to baseboards, window sills, and door frames. Do not spray near food preparation or consumption areas.
- Wettable Powders (WP)- Cynoff WP, Demon WP and Talstar One.
- Longest lasting residual- 90 days + indoors; 30 to 90 days outdoors
- May leave a residue on dark surfaces. (If residue is undesirable, use Talstar One, or other liquid concentrate.)
3) General Exclusion Practices
In addition to chemical methods and traps, there are some structural changes that can be made to help maintain control and prevent future fly entry and infestation:
- Doors leading to the outside should be equipped with self-closing devices or a screen door.
- Keep window and door screens in good repair, without tears or holes.
- Make sure that all doors fit tightly within their frames, with intact weather-stripping.
- Caulk cracks or gaps around windows and doors.
Getting Rid of Flies
Fly Light Traps
Sticky Pheromone Fly Traps
Outdoor Fly Control
Natural Fly Control
8 of 13 people found this article informative and helpful.