Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
JF Oakes Advantage Yellow Jacket Traps - Southern Eastern Common and German is a permanent trap that is specially designed to lure and catch yellow jackets. It targets the Common, Eastern, Southern, and German Yellow Jackets. It is constructed of durable, break-resistant, molded plastic that is guaranteed to last for years. Each trap comes with a disposable liner for easy clean-up but extra liners are also available (sold separately) for refill. You can also change the type of attractant or lures so you can convert it to catch flies and other flying insects. This trap has a unique chimney effect because of the entry holes on top and bottom. It disperses the lures and attractant out over a 30-feet or more range from the trap in every direction.
Lure refills can be purchased here.
|Active Ingredient:||Yellow jacket lure vinegar|
|Target pests:||Yellow Jackets, Eastern Yellow Jackets, Southern Yellow Jackets, German Yellow Jackets and other Yellow Jackets and Wasps|
|For use in:||Outdoor only|
|Application:||Place Trap away from all human activity. Hang trap 2-4 feet above ground. Bait the trap as directed. Please keep children and pets away.|
|Pet safe:||Yes, if used as directed on label.|
|Dimensions:||10.75 in. h x 6.8 in. w|
|Material / Construction:||Durable, break resistant molded plastic|
|Parts Included:||Advantage Yellow Jacket Trap, Disposable Liner, 30 Day Yellow Jacket Lure, and Instruction Sheet.|
|Shipping Weight:||1.25 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||J F Oakes (Mfg. Number: 071AA-T2011-YJ-e)|
Baiting the trap for Southern, Eastern, Common & German Yellow Jackets
- Remove rain lid and top assembly from the trap body.
- Remove the disposable liner, add water to fill line (25 oz). (a.) Open one (of the two enclosed 2.6 oz) aluminum foil pouches of yellow jacket attractant and mix thoroughly with the water in the disposable liner. (b.) The Yellow Jacket Attractant for the above species should be changed every 1 to 2 weeks.
- Place the disposable liner containing the yellow jacket attractant in the trap body.
- The addition of a protein supplement such as fish, ham or turkey-ham (very good) can improve yellow jacket catch, particularly in the early spring. (a.) Place the protein source on the enclosed aluminum bait rod and place on top of the disposable liner that contains the yellow jacket attractant and water. KEEP PROTEIN FRESH
- Twist on top lid, insert rain cap on lid and hang trap.
Advantage Yellow Jacket Trap Placement
- Place traps away from all human activity.
- Hang traps 2-4 feet above ground. Use good support and good air movement. (Use Advantage In-Ground Hangers & Wall hangers.)
- Yellow Jacket Traps should be baited and placed either early morning or late evening when the yellow jackets are least likely to be active.
- Place traps in sunny areas when temperature is below 80-85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place traps in shaded area when temperature is above 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If Yellow Jacket catch is low, relocate the trap. Leave trap in an area for at least 1-2 days.
Advantage Yellow Jacket Trap Maintenance
- Before emptying traps, make sure all yellow jackets are dead.
- If live yellow jackets are present, they must be killed before opening trap by: pouring soapy water into the trap through the 4 holes located in the lid of the trap or placing entire trap in a freezer for 48 hours.
- Trap should be emptied and cleaned every 3-4 weeks. Traps must be kept clean.
Yellow Jacket Trap Cautions:
Caution: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN TO PLAY WITH TRAPS.
WARNING: YELLOW JACKET/WASP STINGS MAY BE FATAL.
DO NOT HANDLE THIS TRAP OR LURE IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO: WASP, YELLOW JACKETS, BEES OR ANT STINGS.
Yellow Jacket/Wasp may sting if released from the trap alive.
Do NOT use the trap indoors.
Yellow Jacket Information:
Only the fertilized female yellow jacket over winters. All males die during the winter. This may be the reason they are so aggressive in the early fall because they know this is their last "Hoorah".
When fertilized females emerge from hilbernation in the early spring, she needs protein for her young offspring. Traps placed and maintained the the early spring will help reduce the yellow jacket population in the fall.
For every female you capture in the early spring, this will eliminate a yellow jacket's nest of 500 to 5,000.
See all 1 reviews »
0 of 7 people found this review helpful:
By Mark in tenn on 11/19/2016
haven't used yet cold weather came in, will look forward to spring 2017
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
07/06/2016 Kathi from Seattle, Wa
QWill the JF Oakes Advantage Yellow Jacket Traps - Southern Eastern Common work for round bees?
I have 6 honey bee hives and need solid wasp control. None of the traps at the HW stores have done any good. Will this work outside in a pretty open area and not hurt the honey bees
A Yes, the JT Oakes Advantage Yellow Jacket Traps - Southern Eastern Common will work for round bees. It is designed to attracted yellow jackets, however†if honey bees are attracted to the particular bait that you are using and they get into the trap then†they will die as well. They will work in an open area, also.†
Yes, the JT Oakes Advantage Yellow Jacket Traps - Southern Eastern Common will work for round bees. It is designed to attracted yellow jackets, however†if honey bees are attracted to the particular bait that you are using and they get into the trap then†they will die as well. They will work in an open area, also.†
QDo you sell liners for JF Oakes Yellow Jacket Traps?
A We do sell the liners for the JF Oakes Yellow Jacket Traps,†they are sold in a set of 5 and cost $11.25, and we do have them in stock at this time.
We do sell the liners for the JF Oakes Yellow Jacket Traps,†they are sold in a set of 5 and cost $11.25, and we do have them in stock at this time.