Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
JF Oakes Advantage Yellow Jacket Traps – Western is a permanent trap that’s specially designed to lure and catch yellow jackets. It is constructed of durable, break-resistant molded plastic that is guaranteed to last for years. Each trap comes with a disposable liner for easy clean-up but extra liners are also available (sold separately) for refill. You can also change the type of attractant or lures so you can convert it to catch flies and other flying insects. JF Oakes Advantage Yellow Jacket Traps – Western has a unique chimney effect because of the entry holes on top and bottom. It disperses the lures and attractant out over a 30-feet or more range from the trap in every direction.
|Active Ingredient:||Heptyl Butyrate|
|Target pests:||Yellow jacket, flies, other insects|
|For use in:||Outdoor only|
|Application:||Place Trap away from all human activity. Hang Trap 2-4 feet above ground. Bait the trap as directed. See label for more details.|
|Dimensions:||10.75 in. h x 6.8 in. w|
|Material / Construction:||Durable, break resistant molded plastic|
|Parts Included:||Advantage Yellow Jacket Trap, Disposable Liner, Bait Rod, 30 Day Yellow Jacket Lure, and Instruction Sheet.|
|Shipping Weight:||1.26 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||J F Oakes (Mfg. Number: 071AA-T2011-YJ-f)|
Baiting the trap for Western Yellow Jackets (Vespula pennsylvanica)
- Remove rain lid and top assembly from the trap body.
- Remove the disposable liner, add water to the fill line (25 oz). Add 1 - 2 tablespoons of any liquid dishwashing detergent and mix with: (a) Add 2-1/2 oz of natural vinegar and mix thoroughly. (will increase catch 50% or better.) (b.) Open the enclosed aluminum foil pack and place the enclosed Advantage Yellow Jacket membrane attractant on top of the water. DO NOT OPEN THE MEMBRANE ATTRACTANT. The membrane will float on top of the water.
- Place the disposable liner back into the trap body.
Advantage Yellow Jacket Trap Placement
- Place traps away from all human activity.
- Hang traps 2-4 feet above ground. Use good support and good air movement. (Use Advantage In-Ground Hangers & Wall hangers.)
- Yellow Jacket Traps should be baited and placed either early morning or late evening when the yellow jackets are least likely to be active.
- Place traps in sunny areas when temperature is below 80-85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place traps in shaded area when temperature is above 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If Yellow Jacket catch is low, relocate the trap. Leave trap in an area for at least 1-2 days.
Advantage Yellow Jacket Trap Maintenance
- Before emptying traps, make sure all yellow jackets are dead.
- If live yellow jackets are present, they must be killed before opening trap by: pouring soapy water into the trap through the 4 holes located in the lid of the trap or placing entire trap in a freezer for 48 hours.
- Trap should be emptied and cleaned every 3-4 weeks. Traps must be kept clean.