Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Koppert Aphidend 100 ml (2501) helps in preventing severe damage to several crops by eliminating unwanted aphids in glasshouses. Nymphs and adults feed on plant sap which stops plant growth and cause curled leaves with possible appearance of yellow spots. The aphids that hang on the leaf are paralyzed and killed by the larvae, they will eventually shrivel, turn brown or black and decay. The Aphidend is best used on high humidity season where the pests are most active. The pupae cannot be scattered and must be protected from dehydration to provide better effects.
Koppert Aphidend is available in two sizes:
- The 100 ml bottle contains 2,000 Gall-Midges mixed in vermiculite.
- The 500 ml bottle contains 10,000 Gall-Midges mixed in vermiculite.
Aphidend effectively elminates unwanted pests like :
- Glasshouse potato aphid (Aulacorthum solani)
- Cotton aphid (Aphis gossypii)
- Green peach aphid (Myzus persicae var. persicae)
- Tobacco aphid (Myzus persicae var. nicotianae)
- Potato aphid (Macrosiphum euphorbiae)
IMPORTANT: These are live organisms that are shipped directly from the manufacturer via UPS Next Day Air so they do not die during transit. A physical address is required for UPS to deliver your package. These are only shipped twice a week:
- Orders received by noon (12pm ET) on Monday will be shipped on Thursday for Friday delivery
- Orders received by noon (12pm ET) on Thursday will be shipped on Tuesday for Wednesday delivery
THIS ITEM CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR REFUNDED ONCE ORDERED
|Active Ingredient:||2,000 Aphidoletes aphidimyza|
|Target pests:||Aphid species like cotton aphid, glasshouse aphid, potato aphid, green peach aphid and the tobacco aphid|
|For use in:||Prevents and eliminates the spread of a wide range of Aphids on crops|
|Application:||Place the bottle on the soil or hang in between the plants, after hatching, gall midges are capable of leaving the bottle.|
|Shelf Life:||Storage after receipt: 1-2 days.|
|Color:||Orange-red eggs and orange larvae|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Koppert Biological Systems (Mfg. Number: 2501)|
Only use products that are permitted in your country / state and crop. Check local registration requirements.
High relative humidities give better effects. The night temperature has to be above 16 degrees Celsius / 61 degrees Fahrenheit for oviposition.
Storage and handling:
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 10-15 degrees Celsius /50-59 degrees Fahrenheit
- In the dark
Aphids killed by the larvae hang on the leaf, connected by their mouthparts. Consequently they shrivel, turn brown or black and decay.
- Adults: size 2.5 mm, fragile, long legs
- Eggs: oblong, size 0.1x0.3 mm, shiny, orange-red
- Larvae: size 0.3-3 mm, orange, in aphid colonies
- Pupae: in soil