Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Koppert En - Strip 1 / 2 is a unique product that's specially designed to effectively control whiteflies. The Encarsia formosa, a type of parasitic wasp, specifically targets the third and fourth larval stage of glasshouse whitefly (Trialeurodes vaporariorum) and tobacco whitefly (Bemisia tabaci), and even sweetpotato and silverleaf whitefly to some extent. Host feeding takes place when adult female wasp parasites the larva of the whitefly. You will see visible results after 2-3 weeks by the appearance of first parasitized pupae of glasshouse and tobacco whitefly which will turn black and light brown in color. It's very easy to use; simply suspend the cards at approximately 75 cm under plant head or on plants that you want to protect from whiteflies. It is not recommended to be placed in areas with direct sunlight.
Kopert En-Strip is available in two sizes:
- The small pack contains 1,500 Encarsia formosa pupae (parasitic wasps) on 50 cards, 30 wasps per card.
- The large pack contains 7,500 Encarsia formosa pupae (parasitic wasps) on 250 cards, 30 wasps per card.
IMPORTANT: These are live organisms that are shipped directly from the manufacturer via UPS Next Day Air so they do not die during transit. A physical address is required for UPS to deliver your package. These are only shipped twice a week:
- Orders received by noon (12pm ET) on Monday will be shipped on Thursday for Friday delivery
- Orders received by noon (12pm ET) on Thursday will be shipped on Tuesday for Wednesday delivery
THIS ITEM CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR REFUNDED ONCE ORDERED
|Active Ingredient:||Encarsia formosa (parasitic wasp)|
|Target pests:||Glasshouse whitefly and tobacco whitefly|
|For use in:||Greenhouses|
|Application:||Suspend the cards in the crop, if possible approximately 75 cm under plant head. Not in direct sunlight.|
|Color:||Female adults: black head, black thorax, yellow abdomen|
|Special Features:||Effective in controlling glasshouse and tobacco whiteflies.|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Koppert Biological Systems (Mfg. Number: 200)|
- Open package carefully inside the greenhouse
- Bend strips and tear off. Start tearing opposite hang-up hole
- Suspend the cards in the crop, if possible approximately 75 cm under plant head. Not in direct sunlight
- Do not touch the pupae
The 24 hour average temperature in the greenhouse should be at least 63F (17C). At lower temperatures it is recommended to use the cards with half the amount of pupae.
Storage and handling
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: maximum 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 47-50F (8-10C)
- In the dark
- The black (empty) pupae remain on the card after hatching
- Intensive deleafing (in tomatoes) hinders the population build up of whitefly parasites
- Female adults: Black head, black thorax, yellow abdomen
- Other stages: develop inside host
The introduction rates of this product should be adjusted to the mode of action of the product and the results that can be expected in the crop where the product is applied. Your local Koppert consultant or recognized distributor will be able to advise you further.