Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Koppert Entomite M is a unique product that's specially designed to help control sciarid flies, particularly smaller larvae. The Stratiolaelaps scimitus (or formerly known as Hypoaspis miles), a type of predatory mite, specifically targets eggs, larvae and pupae or Sciarid flies but is also effective against soil-living insects like Thrips pupae, Nematodes, Collembola and Duponchelia fovealis eggs. It works when Adults and nymphs feed on larvae of sciarid flies and other soil-living insects to effectively reduce the infestation in a slow but steady manner. It's very easy to use; simply spread it evenly on soil or rockwool blocks. Though it is important to note that Entomite should be applied to the soil surface and not directly on the plant.
Koppert Entomite-M is available in two sizes:
- The small cardboard cylinder contains 10,000 predatory mites in vermiculite with peat.
- The large cardboard cylinder contains 50,000 predatory mites in vermiculite with peat.
THIS ITEM CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR REFUNDED ONCE ORDERED
|Active Ingredient:||Stratiolaelaps scimitus (formerly known as Hypoaspis miles) (predatory mite)|
|Target pests:||Eggs, larvae and pupae of Sciarid flies, preferring smaller larvae but is also effective against soil-living insects like Thrips pupae, Nematodes, Collembola and Duponchelia fovealis eggs|
|For use in:||Soil surface|
Larvae/first nymphal stage: White
|Special Features:||Effective in controlling sciarid flies|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Koppert Biological Systems (Mfg. Number: 467)|
- Turn and shake the bottle or bag gently before use
- Spread material evenly on soil or rockwool blocks
- Do not apply in pothole close to stem to prevent plant damage by storage mites
Soil must be moist but not too wet, preferably rich in organic matter, with an open structure and minimum temperature of 15 degrees Celsius / 59 degrees Fahrenheit.
Storage and handling
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 10-15 degrees Celsius / 50-59 degrees Fahrenheit
- In the dark (bottle horizontally)
- These predatory mites do not enter diapause
- The product ENTOMITE contains storage mites (Tyrophagus putrescentiae). These may cause slight damage to some crops, particularly when growing conditions are humid or in the presence of large quantities. Always apply ENTOMITE to the soil surface, not on the plant. Test on small scale prior to application in crops where experience is lacking. Or ask your supplier for advice.
Adults: size to 1 mm, brown
Larvae/first nymphal stage: white
The introduction rates of this product should be adjusted to the mode of action of the product and the results that can be expected in the crop where the product is applied. Your local Koppert consultant or recognized distributor will be able to advise you further.
Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements.
Koppert Biological Systems can not be held liable for unauthorized use.
See all 1 reviews »
1 of 1 people found this review helpful:
By Kirk in Van Nuys, CA on 03/16/2017
Ordered this type of product from other companies and got a box of dirt. This tube came with a huge healthy population of mites ready for battle!