Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Koppert Spidend 550 ml (435) is an exceptional product that's specially designed to effectively control spider mites, particularly when they occur in colonies. It contains Feltiella acarisuga, a tiny gall-midge that feeds on two-spotted spider mites and other spider mites species. It works when adult gall-midges look for spider mite colonies and lay eggs next to them; then the larvae that hatch feeds on spider mite eggs and suck them dry. Spider mites that were killed shrivel up and turns brown and black in color. It works best when combined with predatory mite Phytoseiulus persimilis (SPIDEX). It's very easy to use, simply create a hole in the lid of the paper on the beaker and put it on the rockwool slab or soil. It is not recommended to be placed in areas with direct sunlight. This comes in a 550 ml bottle which contains 250 Feltiella acarisuga pupae (predatory gall midges).
IMPORTANT: These are live organisms that are shipped directly from the manufacturer via UPS Next Day Air so they do not die during transit. A physical address is required for UPS to deliver your package. These are only shipped twice a week:
- Orders received by noon (12pm ET) on Monday will be shipped on Thursday for Friday delivery
- Orders received by noon (12pm ET) on Thursday will be shipped on Tuesday for Wednesday delivery
THIS ITEM CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR REFUNDED ONCE ORDERED
|Active Ingredient:||Feltiella acarisuga (gall-midge)|
|Target pests:||Spider mites|
|For use in:||Tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, other greenhouse crops and field strawberry crops.|
|Application:||Make a hole in the paper in the lid on the beaker and put it on the rockwool slab or the soil.|
|Special Features:||Effective in controlling spider mites.|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Koppert Biological Systems (Mfg. Number: 435)|
- Make a hole in the paper in the lid on the beaker and put it on the rockwool slab or the soil
- Protect against direct sunlight
- Let the beaker or box stand for at least two weeks
High humidity boosts the emergence of gall-midges.
Storage and handling
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 47-50 F (8-10 C)
- In the dark
Feltiella acarisuga should always be used in combination with the predatory mite Phytoseiulus persimilis (SPIDEX).
- Adults: midge of 2 mm long, pink-brown, long legs
- Eggs: oblong, 0.1 x 0.25 mm in size, shiny, translucent
- Larvae: 0.2-2 mm in size, orange-brown, occur in spider mite colonies
- Pupae: are inside a white coccoon, occur mainly at the undersides of leaves, along the veins
The introduction rates of this product should be adjusted to the mode of action of the product and the results that can be expected in the crop where the product is applied. Your local Koppert consultant or recognized distributor will be able to advise you further.
Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements.
Koppert Biological Systems can not be held liable for unauthorized use.