Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Koppert Swirski-Mite 500 ml (5405) contains predatory mites that can be used for a wide variety of field and ornamental crops except for tomatoes. It can kill various young larvae of thrip species and eggs and larvae of whitefly for both Trialeurodes vaporariorum and Bemisa tabaci. It's not susceptible to diapause so it can be used during the winter season. It's also tolerant to high temperature and starts developing when temperature exceeds 20 to 22 degrees Celsius. Once these predatory mites catch their prey, they will suck them dry until the pest mites die. Product comes in a 500 ml bottle and contains 50,000 predatory mites that are mixed with bran.
THIS ITEM CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR REFUNDED ONCE ORDERED
|Active Ingredient:||Amblyseius swirskii (predatory mite)|
|Target pests:||Young larvae of various thrips species and eggs and larvae of whitefly (both Trialeurodes vaporariorum and Bemisa tabaci)
SWIRSKI-MITE can be used in a wide range of salad and ornamental crops, except tomatoes
|For use in:||Salad and ornamental crops in greenhouses and field|
|Application:||Turn and shake gently before use, sprinkle materials on leaves.|
|Shelf Life:||Storage after receipt: 1-2 days|
|Color:||Mobile stages beige-pink, Eggs oblong white.|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Koppert Biological Systems (Mfg. Number: 5405)|
The introduction rates of this product should be adjusted to the mode of action of the product and the results that can be expected in the crop where the product is applied.
In case of mechanical application inhalation of the product may cause sensitization. A dust mask is recommended as protection for operators and people working near place of application
- Turn and shake gently before use
- Press on center of cap to open dosage hole
- Sprinkle material on leaves
- Make at least 4,000 introduction points per hectare, evenly distributed over the total surface
Storage and handling:
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 50-60 F (10-15 C)
- In the dark
- Provide ventilation to prevent CO2 accumulation
- Amblyseius swirskii can also develop on pollen of sweet pepper and aubergine
- Apply preventive introduction on pollen only from the moment when crop flowers continuously
- Mobile stages: beige-pink, droplet shaped, 'pushed down' position on short legs
- Eggs: oblong, transparent white
Note: All stages can be found in the corner of main vein and lateral veins and in the flowers. It is not possible to distinguish Amblyseius swirskii in the field from Neoseiulus cucumeris and Amblyseius californicus.