Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Koppert Swirski-Mite Long Duration Predatory Mites (500 pack) (552) contains active Amblyseius swirskii predatory mites and all stages storage mites mixed with bran. It is ideal for sweet peppers, eggplants, cucumbers, gerberas and roses. It controls eggs and larvae of Trialeurodes vaporariorum and Bemisia tabaci whiteflies, and young larvae of different thrips species as well. It works by earnestly searching for a prey or by waiting for it to pass by. Once found, a predator mite immediately sucks the target specie until dry. Swirski - Mite Plus can be applied as a preventive, curative light or curative heavy treatment. Predaroty mites lasts for over 4 to 6 weeks. Once purchased, product comes with 500 paper sachets (62500 mites) with hook. Per sachet holds 125 predatory mites.
THIS ITEM CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR REFUNDED ONCE ORDERED
|Active Ingredient:||Predatory mite (Amblyseius swirskii)|
|Target pests:||Young Larvae of various Thrips species, and Eggs and Larvae of White-flies (both Trialeurodes vaporariorum and Bemisia tabaci)|
|For use in:||Greenhouses & Field Crops|
|Application:||Hang sachets in sheltered positions in the crop and make sure they are not directed to sunlight
Swirski-Mite LD Used for Roses, Gerbera, Cucumber, Eggplants and Sweet pepper
* See label for complete application instructions
|Shelf Life:||Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
Storage temperature: 10-15C/50-60F
In the dark
Provide ventilation to prevent CO2 accumulation
|Color:||Mobile stages: beige-pink
Eggs: transparent white
|Special Features:||Long period of effectiveness, 4 to 6 weeks|
|Parts Included:||Hooks & 500 sachets|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Koppert Biological Systems (Mfg. Number: 552)|
SWIRSKI-MITE Long Duration
Amblyseius swirskii (Long duration predatory mite)
- Mobile stages: beige-pink, droplet shaped, 'pushed down' position on short legs.
- Eggs: oblong, transparent white.
All stages can be found in the corner of main vein and lateral veins and in the flowers.
It is not possible to distinguish Amblyseius swirskii in the field from Neoseiulus cucumeris and Neoseiulus californicus.
- Introduce sachets as soon as possible after receipt.
- Hang up sachets in sheltered positions in the crop (no direct sunlight). Measures improving the moisture balance in the sachets, such as placing the bottom of the sachet on the moist substrate, will have a positive effect on the longevity of product.
- Sachets already have an exit hole.
- Handle sachets by the cardboard strip at the top; predatory mites are easily damaged.
The predatory mite Amblyseius swirskii is:
- Not susceptible to diapause, so can be introduced in winter.
- Tolerant to high temperature.
Storage and handling
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days.
- Storage temperature: 50-60F (10-15C)
- In the dark.
- Provide ventilation to prevent CO2 accumulation.
- Amblyseius swirskii can also develop on pollen of sweet pepper and aubergine.
- Due to the bags’ long period of effectiveness, a preventative introduction on the basis of pollen can take place a few weeks before flowering begins.