Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Koppert Swirski-Mite Plus contains predatory mites that can be used for a wide variety of salad and ornamental crops except for tomatoes. It can kill various young larvae of thrip species and eggs and larvae of whitefly for both Trialeurodes vaporariorum and Bemisa tabaci. It's not susceptible to diapause so it can be used during the winter season. It's also tolerant to high temperature and starts developing when temperature exceeds 68-72 F (20-22 C). Once these predatory mites catch their prey, they will suck them dry until the pest mites die. Product comes in a sachet container with 250 predatory mites and storage mites.
Koppert Swirski-Mite Plus is available in two sizes:
- The 100 Pack has 100 sachets and contains 250 predatory mites mixed with bran in each sachet, 25.000 mites total.
- The 500 Pack has 500 sachets and contains 250 predatory mites mixed with bran in each sachet, 125.000 mites total.
IMPORTANT: These are live organisms that are shipped directly from the manufacturer via UPS Next Day Air so they do not die during transit. A physical address is required for UPS to deliver your package. These are only shipped twice a week:
- Orders received by noon (12pm ET) on Monday will be shipped on Thursday for Friday delivery
- Orders received by noon (12pm ET) on Thursday will be shipped on Tuesday for Wednesday delivery
THIS ITEM CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR REFUNDED ONCE ORDERED
|Active Ingredient:||Amblyseius swirskii (predatory mites)|
|Target pests:||Young larvae of various thrips species and eggs and larvae of whiteflies (both Trialeurodes vaporariorum and Bemisa tabaci)|
|For use in:||Greenhouses and field salad and ornamental crops.|
|Application:||Turn and shake gently before use, sprinkle materials on leaves.
SWIRSKI-MITE PLUS can be used in a wide range of salad and ornamental crops, except tomatoes
|Shelf Life:||Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
Storage temperature: 10-15C/50-60F
In the dark
Provide ventilation to prevent CO2 accumulation
|Color:||Mobile stages beige-pink, Eggs oblong white.|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Koppert Biological Systems (Mfg. Number: 541)|
The introduction rates of this product should be adjusted to the mode of action of the product and the results that can be expected in the crop where the product is applied.
In case of mechanical application inhalation of the product may cause sensitization. A dust mask is recommended as protection for operators and people working near place of application
- Turn and shake gently before use
- Press on centre of cap to open dosage hole
- Sprinkle material on leaves
- Make at least 4,000 introduction points per hectare, evenly distributed over the total surface
Storage and handling:
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 50-60 F (10-15 C)
- In the dark
- Provide ventilation to prevent CO2accumulation
- Amblyseius swirskii can also develop on pollen of sweet pepper and aubergine
- Apply preventive introduction on pollen only from the moment when crop flowers continuously
- Mobile stages: beige-pink, droplet shaped, 'pushed down' position on short legs
- Eggs: oblong, transparent white
Note: All stages can be found in the corner of main vein and lateral veins and in the flowers. It is not possible to distinguish Amblyseius swirskii in the field from Neoseiulus cucumeris and Amblyseius californicus.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
10/01/2016 Joshua from Hesperia, Ca
QHow long after I sprayed Forbid can I use the Koppert Swirski-Mite Plus (Amblyesius swirskii)?
10/07/2015 Karen from Mission
QCan I use this on Marijuana mothers to combat spider mites?
If yes, how much do I need to order to effectively cover 10 mothers that are 44" tall and 26" in diameter? Also, do you ship to Canada?
A The Koppert Swirski-Mite Plus are labeled for use in and on greenhouses, field salad and ornamental crops. We would recommend contacting the manufacturer directly at +1 416 291 0040 for more information on if this product can be used on marijuana. We can only ship within the US.
The Koppert Swirski-Mite Plus are labeled for use in and on greenhouses, field salad and ornamental crops. We would recommend contacting the manufacturer directly at +1 416 291 0040 for more information on if this product can be used on marijuana.
We can only ship within the US.