Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Koppert Thripex-Bucket (52039) are predatory mites that targets and kills spider mites, strawberry mite, broad mite, several other mites, honeydew and pollen. These predatory mites also eliminates various thrips species, hatching eggs and those at their first larval stage. The predatory mites should be on temperature above 20 degrees Celsius / 68 degrees Fahrenheit and relative humidity above 75%. The Thripex is susceptible to diapause which allows the predators to be used all year long and help in preventing the spread of unwanted pests that can bring permanent damage to crops and plants. Product contains 500,000 Neosiulus cucumeris that is spread by using a blower for crops and manually dispersed on leaves.
IMPORTANT: These are live organisms that are shipped directly from the manufacturer via UPS Next Day Air so they do not die during transit. A physical address is required for UPS to deliver your package. These are only shipped twice a week:
- Orders received by noon (12pm ET) on Monday will be shipped on Thursday for Friday delivery
- Orders received by noon (12pm ET) on Thursday will be shipped on Tuesday for Wednesday delivery
THIS ITEM CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR REFUNDED ONCE ORDERED
|Active Ingredient:||Neosiulus cucumeris|
|Target pests:||Spider mites, strawberry mite, broad mite, several other mites, honeydew and pollen.|
|For use in:||Greenhouses and field on crops and plants.|
|Application:||Can be manually dispersed on leaves and can be spread throughout the crop using a blower, stone wool pots using a scoop 2.5 ml per plant.|
|Shelf Life:||Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
Storage temperature: 50-59F (10-15C)
In the dark
Do not stack buckets
|Color:||Mobile stages beige-pink. Eggs transparent white.|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Koppert Biological Systems (Mfg. Number: 52039)|
The introduction rates of this product should be adjusted to the mode of action of the product and the results that can be expected in the crop where the product is applied. Only use products that are permitted in your country/state and crop. Check local registration requirements.
In case of mechanical application inhalation of the product may cause sensitization. A dust mask is recommended as protection for operators and people working near place of application
Introduction of Thripex :
- Turn and shake gently before use
- Disperse material manually onto leaves, disperse throughout the crop using a blower, or - only in the case of buckets - scatter the material in little heaps onto stone-wool pots using a scoop 2.5 ml per plant, opposite the trickler
- When introduced on rockwool blocks the heaps keep on producing predatory mites for some weeks. Mites leave the heap to disperse in the crop.
Relative humidity should be above 75% and the temperature above 20 degrees Celsius / 68 degrees Fahrenheit for some hours of the day. THRIPEX contains a strain of Neoseiulus cucumeris which is not susceptible to diapause. Therefore the predators can be used all year.
Storage and handling:
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 10-15 degrees Celsius
- In the dark (bottles horizontally)
- Do not stack buckets
- Mobile stages: beige-pink, droplet shaped, 'pushed down' position on short legs, often at hidden places like along veins and in the flowers
- Eggs: transparent white, attached to leaf hairs along veins on the underside of leaves