Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Maggies Farm Snail, Slug and Insect Bait 1 lb. is a mold and moisture resistant granular bait which effectively eliminates slugs, snails, roaches, crickets, mole crickets, pillbugs, silverfish, earwigs, millipedes, and ants. It contains twice the active (10% orthoboric acid versus 5% baits) and broad range of attractants that's specially formulated to achieve a versatile and long-lasting protection. It can be used indoors and outdoors including vegetable gardens and home greenhouses.
Maggies Farm Snail, Slug and Insect Bait is available in 1-pound bag and can treat up to 1,000 square feet.
|Active Ingredient:||Orthoboric Acid - 10%|
|Target pests:||Slugs, snails, roaches, crickets, mole crickets, pillbugs, silverfish, earwigs, millipedes, and ants|
|For use in:||In and around residential homes and agricultural buildings, Garages, Home Greenhouses
Lawns, Landscaping Beds, Ornamental Turf
|Application:||* See label for complete application instructions|
|Coverage Area:||Treats up to 1,000 square feet|
|Shipping Weight:||0.98 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Maggie's Farm (Mfg. Number: MSSI001)|
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Apply bait evenly over the affected area using a hand shaker or mechanical spreader at a rate of 1 lb per 1000 square feet. The product should not be watered in.
- For mole cricket treatments, results will be best if the area is irrigated prior to bait treatment. Mole crickets typically come to the surface to feed in the evening.
- Individual ant mounds may be treated by sprinkling 1/2 oz of product around each mound. Repeat treatment as needed.
- Apply bait early in the season in areas likely to be infested, such as flower, fruit and vegetable gardens, on ornamental turf and ground cover vegetation, and around shrubs.
- In home greenhouses, apply bait at a rate of 3 oz per 100 sq ft on and under benches.
- Do not apply bait directly in flats or pots. Reapply as needed.
- Apply bait only in areas inaccessible to children and pets, or in tamper-resistant bait stations.
- Apply bait at a rate of 3 oz (2/3 cup) per 100 square feet.
- Using a hand shaker or duster, apply bait in attics, crawl spaces, trash closets, utility closets, dropped ceilings, on dirt or gravel cellar floors, under and behind appliances and vending machines, in wall voids and voids under and behind cabinets, sinks and tubs, in drawer wells, garbage chutes, pipe chases, elevator pits, around drains, around electrical conduits and in cracks and crevices where insects may harbor.
- Focus application in areas where insects or their signs are seen. Reapply bait after one week if infestation is still present.
Application tips for certain sites follow:
- In attics, be sure to get bait near the eaves and vent pipes where insects often first enter, as well as around any pipes or potential access points between the attic and the main structure. Attics should have proper ventilation to insure that no food odor from the bait seeps into the living area, particularly in hot weather. If in doubt, apply the product in a manner such that it can be easily removed.
- When treating cabinetry areas, if there is no gap between the lower cabinets and the kickplate, then small holes can be drilled to access the voids. Escutcheon plates around pipes can also be pulled back to allow access to voids.
- The bottom drawers in kitchen and bathroom cabinets can be removed and bait dusted into drawer wells. No bait should be left exposed when drawers are replaced.
- Electrical switch plate covers can be removed to allow access to voids, but bait shouldn’t be applied directly in electrical boxes.
- If there are cracks between baseboards, cabinets, doorframes, hinges, counters or trim, and walls, these cracks can be lightly dusted with bait. If practical, these areas can be sealed once insect problems have been eliminated, to help prevent future problems.
- Insects need moisture, so kitchen and bath areas and areas immediately surrounding them, and any other damp areas should be carefully inspected and treated if necessary. As a separate matter from the use of this product, it is advisable to fix any leaks to minimize structural damage and odors, and to prevent potential chronic insect problems.