Mavrik Perimeter is for outdoor use and is known for its immediate control of a variety of insects including mosquitoes, ants, spiders, ticks, springtails, cockroaches and fire ants. With Mavrik Perimeter there is no lingering odor or visible residue and when dry it is non toxic and non repellent to honey bees.
|Active Ingredient:||Tau-fluvalinate, 22.3%|
|Target pests:||A wide range of insects including mosquitoes, ants, spiders, ticks, springtails, cockroaches and fire ants for perimeter treatment|
|For use in:||For commercial use on outdoor plants in ornamental plantings, plantscapes (including trees and shrubs, roses, flowerbeds, and gardens) and for perimeter treatment around buildings and outside surfaces|
|Pet safe:||Yes, when used as directed|
|Yield:||Approx 80 gallons|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||NY, CT|
Mavrik Perimeter is for outdoor use and is known for its immediate control of a variety of insects including stubborn mosquitoes and ants. With Mavrik Perimeter there is no lingering odor or visible residue and when dry it is non toxic and non repellent to honey bees.
How does Mavrik Perimeter work?
This product works by controlling pests and the yard thereby preventing them from coming into your home. Mavrik Perimeter contains the pyrethroid fluvalinate, which stops insects in their tracks!
Application : .04–0.1 fl oz(1/3– 2/3 teaspoon) per gallon of water
• For use around outside surfaces and around buildings (perimeter treatment).
• Immediate knockdown of a variety of insects including ant and mosquitoes outdoors.
• No visible residue or lingering odor.
• Dried residues are non-toxic and non-repellent to honeybees.
• Mavrik Perimeter controls insects and controls or suppresses mite pests when used at labeled rates.
• Mavrik Perimeter works primarily through contact action, good spray coverage is necessary. Treat when pests are immature or at a susceptible stage and populations are manageable, before damage occurs. Repeat applications as needed, according to the specific use directions given on the product label.
• Residues of Mavrik Perimeter can continue to control certain insect pests for a week or longer. Growth dilution, climatic variables, and pest habits determine retreatment needs.
• Dilute Mavrik Perimeter in sufficient water to give thorough spray coverage. For best results under varying conditions, a range of use rates is recommended for most uses. Select the higher rates when pest pressure or damage potential is severe. The lower rates often give acceptable economic results. Buffer spray water to pH 5-7, if necessary.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
April 2, 2010Maureen asked:
QI suspect spider mites, what do you recommend?
I have 2 Alberta Spruce that have turned brown an lost needles. I suspect spider mites, what do you recommend?
ATalstar works well for both the mature and the immature spider mites. Talstar provides optimal spider mite control when applied during spring to mid-summer. Higher application rates and/or more frequent treatments may be required for acceptable spider mite control during mid- to late-summer. The addition of a surfactant or horticultural oil may increase the effectiveness of Talstar. Talstar applications may be rotated with those of other products that have different modes of action in control programs that are designed to manage resistance by twospotted spider mites. Consult your local Cooperative Extension Service for resistance management recommendations in your region.
August 26, 2010Thomas asked:
QCan Mavrik Perimeter be used to control small hive beetles in honey bee hives? Varroa mites?
If so, how should it be applied? Any side affects? Is it similar to Mavrik Aquaflow?
AThe most commonly purchased product for hive beetle control is the Maxforce FC Roach Bait stations. These stations are purchased by honey bee farmers and seem to be very effective. We have not had any information on anyone using the Mavrik Perimeter for varroa mites. We recommend calling the Mavrik manufacturer, Zoecon for more information 800-934-3532