Mother Earth D
Mother Earth D broad spectrum desiccant dust provides long lasting control of crawling insects when applied into cracks, crevices, and voids where insects dwell. Using Mother Earth's own naturally occurring 100% high purity freshwater diatomaceous earth, Mother Earth D is ideal for use in sensitive accounts. Mother Earth D also has a high pore volume and surface area, resulting in a lower density dust that offers more coverage per pound-a truly cost effective option for indoor and outdoor pest control.
- Highly absorptive
- Long lasting dust provides continuous protection from pests
- Easily covers cracks, crevices, and voids
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Mined from Mother Earth
- Cost effective - offers more coverage per pound than other pesticide dusts
Ants, Cockroaches, Earwigs, Fleas, Mites, Spiders and other Crawling Insects
For use in:
Businesses, Commercial Areas, Food/Feed Handling Establishments, Homes and other Residential Areas, Institutional Areas and Schools
Yes; when used as directed
How Does Mother Earth D work?
The active ingredient Diatomaceous Earth works by dehydrating insects through a desiccating action, leading eventually to death. While boric acid dusts work best when ingested, Mother Earth D requires only that an insect makes contact in order to be effective.
Where does Diatomaceous Earth come from?
The active ingredient in Mother Earth D is literally mined from the Earth, making it an ideal chemical for use in sensitive accounts such as schools, hospitals, government buildings, and food handling and preparation establishments.
How To Use Mother Earth D
- For ants, cockroaches, earwigs, spiders and other crawling insects: Using a hand duster, apply lightly in dry areas where crawling insect pests are found or may hide, including cracks and crevices, along baseboards, around sinks, cabinets, refrigerators and stoves and in attics and basements. Direct contact with dry dust is required for effective control.
- Food areas of food/feed handling establishments: Apply sparingly into cracks and crevices using a hand duster, or as a spot treatment on walls and floors where pests are hiding. No individual spot treatments should exceed 2 ft2. Remove or cover all food items before applying product. Treat open spaces below floors, above ceilings, within walls, under stairs, underneath and behind equipment or appliances, around pipes and sinks, in utility closets and around garbage and waste cans. For best results, apply to dry areas. Repeat treatment on dry surfaces as needed to maintain control of problem pests.
- For Fleas: Thoroughly treat floor and bedding in and around pet's sleeping quarters. Treat surrounding cracks and crevices, baseboards, furniture, carpeting and wherever fleas are suspected. Apply a thin coat of dust to rugs and carpets. Rake (not sweep) nap back and forth, causing dust to enter rug or carpet. Let product sit overnight. Repeat application as necessary and vacuum every 3 - 4 days for effective flea control. MotherEarth D will kill fleas and help deodorize carpet or rug.
- For ants, earwigs, mites, spiders and other crawling insects: Using a hand duster or other equipment suitable for application of dusts, dust lightly in areas where insects are found such as windowsills and doorframes, around foundations and along ant trails. Direct contact with dry dust is required for effective control. Repeat treatment in problem areas as necessary for control.
How To Apply Pesticide Dusts
5 of 6 people found this article informative and helpful.