"When I made my first order I read all the reviews, and I was still skeptical until I saw the results. It was fast-working and easy to apply. I'm going to tell everyone I know who needs some kind of pest control to go to DoMyOwnPestControl.com and get it right the first time."
More Testimonials »
Natural Bug Spray
Natural bug sprays are very popular around the home and garden because many people don’t like spraying chemicals into the air around their family and pets can be harmful. We carry many effective natural bug sprays you can use around kids and pets that will get rid of your bug problem. Continue reading below the products to learn more.
See also: Natural & Organic Pest Control Products
Common Ingredients in Natural Bug Spray
There are a wide variety of naturally derived ingredients used in non-toxic or low-toxic pest control products. Organic insect sprays are available as well with the same ingredients. Here is a list of ingredients to look for when shopping for natural insect killers.
- Essential Oils: These active ingredients are extracted from plants and work by affecting neurotransmitters in insects that mammals do not have, making them a very low-toxic contact insecticide choice for pest control. You will often find cedar, cinnamon, citronella, citrus, clove (eugenol), various mints, and rosemary as common essential oils in natural insecticides. Since they are very safe to use around people and other mammals, the EPA no longer requires these products to be approved. Products like Essentria General Household Spray or Topia contain essential oils as active ingredients and can be used indoors.
- Limonene or d-Limonene: Extracted from various citrus plants, this active ingredient works as a contact insecticide. While it is not very toxic, it can cause skin irritation. Mother Earth Pro Citra Aerosol contains this ingredient to get rid of a variety of crawling insects.
- Pyrethrins: Pyrethrins are compounds extracted from a certain type of chrysanthemum that paralyzes insects on contact. This naturally derived ingredient is widely used in pest control applications and can be used safely indoors and outdoors. Mother Earth 2% Py Contact Aerosol is a great option for indoor use, and PyGanic Crop Protection has wide application uses outdoors.
- Neem Oil: Widely used by organic gardeners, neem oil is extracted from a plant and kills a wide variety of insects.
- Horticultural Oils: These oils, like soybean and canola oil, are used on dormant plants to smother soft-bodied insects (like aphids, for example) and while they have a very low toxicity, they can cause damage to plants in some situations. Must come in contact with the insect.
- Insecticidal Soaps: The “soaps” here are usually made up of an alkaline salt, but they all damage the outer layer of a soft-bodied insect’s body, causing them to dry out. They must come in contact with the insect in order to work.
All natural bug sprays are perfect for use indoors and out, making your home’s environment safe and pest free whether it be in the vegetable garden or in your kitchen.
Can't find the product you are looking for? E-mail us and we'll get it for you!
We sell professional do it yourself pest control (diy), exterminator and
insecticide, pesticide, chemical and bug killer treatment
products to spray, eliminate and exterminate pests.
Many of our products are not available in stores
such as Home Depot, Walmart or Lowes.