Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Nooski Rat Trap is a humane, safe, clean and easy to use trap. Trapping rats is easy with this innovative design. This trap never misfires and will kill rats quickly and as humanely as possible. The rat enters the trap and the system releases a rubber latex ring that goes around their neck. This causes the rat to spring free and then die a few feet from the trap. This is less messy and is safe to use around pets and children. Snapped fingers and poison are no longer a worry with this Nooski rat trap. These traps are environmentally safe and made from industrial grade plastic. This system is less messy because all you need to do is lift the rat up and dispose of it. Setting up this system is extremely easy unlike other traps and will provide a kill every time. This design is flexible and can be used in other places than on floors, such as on trees and other areas above the ground. Made in New Zealand.
|For use in:||Households, offices, trees and many more|
|Material / Construction:||Plastic|
|Time to Kill:||Immediately|
|Parts Included:||Rat trap and 20 rings|
|Shipping Weight:||0.85 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Contech Inc. (Mfg. Number: 300000810)|
- Rats are extremely shy and suspicious; therefore trapping a rat requires a little human ingenuity.
- Foreign objects in their natural environment, whether they are in the forest or the city, they will avoid for up to a week. It is thought that smell, (not sight as rats have very poor vision) is their biggest concern with new objects in their environment.
- In most cases if a rat or rats are proving difficult to catch, it is preferable to set several traps within a small area, thus creating a false sense that the trap is a part of the natural environment. By leaving the NOOSKI safety tunnel in their natural environment permanently, they will become comfortable with the trap. Rodents acclimatizing to the addition of the trigger housing once set, should not take long.
- If a rat is proving difficult to catch, try to remove it’s food source and set the trap with the same food e.g. if a rat is into grass seed in the garage, then put it out of reach and set the trap with seed. Don’t put teaser bait round the trap as there is no evidence in tests that this increases your catch. Rats will simply eat the teaser bait and not enter the trap.
- Although a rat will eat practically anything, they prefer meat, fish & cereal. If the food is disagreeable, they develop food shyness. If acceptable, they eat their fill at one sitting and return time after time. Chocolate, peanut butter, cheese, dog biscuits, grain, milk powder and fish meal, all work successfully in the NOOSKI Trap System.
- It is recommended not to touch the trap once set for at least a week. If you have no luck, try different bait, but don’t move the trap.
- It is recommended to replace the NOOSKI ring every four weeks, although will still be effective for up to eight weeks and more.
- When setting the NOOSKI trap, look for droppings, burrows, runways or gnaw marks on objects. Try to set at parallel against a wall, as rats typically travel along walls as opposed to crossing open rooms. This also applies to the outside of buildings and in the bush against trees, stumps or fallen logs.
See all 4 reviews »
11 of 12 people found this review helpful:
By Anthony in Winchester, KY on 01/08/2014
The design is great. The action is quick. The main problem is you must use it in warm temps. When the band gets cold, it will not push the band off. If it does come off the rat can wear it as a necklace, and they just push it off. If the band worked as good in cold weather as it does in warm weather, I would give it five stars.
4 of 5 people found this review helpful:
Hasn't caught anything yet
By Jeng in Boston, MA on 11/09/2014
Looks like a great idea, but nothing's been caught (though I've caught rats in my T-Rex traps). The rats in my neighborhood are so big I'm not sure how they'd get their neck down that little clear area, and I suspect they're too smart to stick their heads in there anyhow.
4 of 5 people found this review helpful:
Nooski no ratski
By Charlie in Mashpee ma. on 03/25/2016
Purchased trap and it's been out for three weeks no dead rat ,pulled food sources and been another two weeks but still no rats .I think the only thing it caught was me when I purchased it.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful:
By Rose in Tucson on 07/01/2016
This is amazing. We're keeping count of the rats it has taken out. Bought another and more rings. Only trouble is when it gets wet from rain. Ring won't go on properly. But, love this product.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
10/10/2013 Michelle from Englewood, Nj
QWhat happens if a mouse enters the Nooski rat sized trap? Will it just end up wearing a cute latex necklace?
AThe same Nooski rings are used both for mice and rats. The actual size of the Nooski device is the difference as it will stretch the rings to the needed size.
08/20/2013 Kevin from Tucson, Az
QDo you sell replacement rings for the Nooski Rat Traps?
AYes, we sell the replacement rings for the Nooski Rat Traps. They come in a package of 20. You can find them by clicking on the following link: Nooski Refill Rings.