Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Orcon Grub Control (7 million) (GC-R7M) are microorganisms that contains beneficial nematodes. They help in searching and eliminating grubs in every garden or lawn. The nematodes travel through the ground and enter the body cavities of grubs then releases bacteria and eventually killing them. This is perfectly safe to use around pets, people and the environment. It can also be used with other beneficial insects. The Orcon Grub Control is best applied during spring or fall but can also be used whenever and wherever there are grubs present. Each container includes 7 million live beneficial nematodes.
|Target pests:||Japanese Beetle Grubs, Cut Worms, Wire Worms, Weevils, White Grubs, Fungus Gnats Larvae, Flea Larvae, Subterranean Termites and many more
* See label for complete list
|For use in:||Lawn and Garden|
|Application:||** Mix with a bucket of cool water, Stir and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes to allow the nematodes to separate from the packing material
** May be applied with a Watering Can, Pump Sprayer or Hose Sprayer
* See label for complete application instructions
|Shelf Life:||Nematodes have a shelf life of 3 Months on a shelf and 12 Months in a Refrigerator|
|Coverage Area:||Approx. 2000 square feet in ideal conditions
For Heavy Infestations 1,000 square feet
|Shipping Weight:||0.65 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Orcon - Organic Control, Inc (Mfg. Number: GC-R7M)|
More Information About Grub Control:
USE: Grub Control contains Beneficial Nematodes (BN), microscopic organisms that seek out and kill grubs and beetle larvae that live in the soil. One container of Grub Control will cover approx. 2000 square feet in ideal conditions. For heavier infestations cover 1000 square feet.
- Beneficial nematodes (Steinernema feltiae) cannot be seen by the naked eye. They are so little that several thousand would be able to fit on the head of a pin. The 7 million in each container will hunt down, penetrate, and kill grub larvae in moist soil. They travel through the ground and enter the body cavities of larvae and release bacteria that kill them.
- Grub Control will also seek and destroy more than 230 different kinds of wood boring and soil dwelling insects, including Japanese beetle grubs, wire worms, cut worms, whiter grubs, weevils, flea larvae, fungus gnats larvae, subterranean termites and many more.
- Pour the entire contents of the container into a bucket of cool water. The amount of water is not critical. The more water you use the less concentrated the nematodes will be but will cover a larger area.
- Stir and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes to allow the nematodes to separate from the packing material.
- Beneficial Nematodes may be applied with a watering can, pump sprayer or hose sprayer. Beneficial Nematodes will gradually sink to the bottom so if using a watering can stir occasionally as you pour to keep the nematodes evenly distributed in the water.
- If using a sprayer, stir the bucket each time you fill the sprayer, and pour through a kitchen strainer to filter out the packing material.
- The strained material may be mixed into the soil since it likely contains some nematodes.
- Use the coarsest or highest rate setting on the sprayer to reduce damage to the nematodes as the come out of the nozzle.
FOR BEST RESULTS: keep out of direct sun since the sunlight wild kill the Beneficial Nematodes. Evening or very cloudy conditions are the best time to apply. Nematodes travel in moist environments, so the treated area before the application should be watered and also for several days after the application.
STORAGE: If not using immediately, store in the refrigerator until use. Only once mixed with water can the Beneficial Nematodes be stored for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.