Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Orthene Turf Tree and Ornamental WSP is an insecticide in a water soluble formula that's specially designed to control pests on selected agricultural crops and in some non-crop areas to help protect trees, turfs, ornamentals. It uses acephate as its active ingredient which guarantees to provide an effective systemic control of a wide variety of plant-feeding insects pests. It is absorbed by plants through its roots and foliage. It comes in a convenient water soluble packet formulation to minimize measuring, handling and disposal hassles.
Currently registered in: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CT, CO, DC, DE, GA, HI, ID, IA, IL, KY, KS, LA, MD, MA, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TX, TN, UT, VA, VT, WI, WA, WV, WY.
|Active Ingredient:||acephate - 75%|
|Target pests:||Black Vine Weevil, Strawberry Root Weevil, Ants (excluding Fire, Harvester, Carpenter and Pharaoh Ants), Aphids, Bagworms, Birch Leafminer, Grasshoppers, Chinch Bugs, Sod Webworm and others
* See label for complete list
|For use in:||Turf-grass: Limited to Sod Farms and Golf Courses (except to Mounds or Spot Treatment for Fire Ants & Harvester Ants
Ornamental, Floral & Foliage Plants: Limited to Commercial Greenhouses
|Application:||* See label for complete application instructions|
|Shipping Weight:||1.10 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||PROKoZ Inc. (Mfg. Number: 12592)|
PREPARATION OF SPRAY SOLUTION
To prepare spray solution, drop the unopened packet(s) of Orthene Turf, Tree & Ornamental WSP into a spray tank containing at least one half the total quantity of water required. Direct water at the floating packet(s) and continue to add water with the agitator running until the spray volume is reached. Do not add any liquid fertilizers, micronutrients or adjuvants to the spray solution until after the packet and its contents have completely dissolved. Water soluble packet(s) should completely dissolve in approximately five minutes. Dissolution rate may be slowed by cold water, lack of agitation or water containing high concentrations of boron or sulfur.
SPRAY DRIFT MANAGEMENT
A variety of factors including weather conditions, (e.g., wind direction, wind speed, temperature, relative humidity) and method of application (e.g., ground, aerial, airblast) can influence pesticide drift. The applicator and grower must evaluate all factors and make appropriate adjustments when applying this product.
Refer to the Tables of Equivalents to calculate the number of packets to use. (See label)
- All aerial, ground and air-assisted/airblast application equipment must be properly maintained and calibrated using water as carrier. Do not apply this product as an ultralow (ULV) spray, or in any carrier other than water.
- Use the largest droplet size consistent with good pest control. Small droplets are more prone to spray drift and can be minimized by appropriate nozzle selection, by orienting nozzles away from the air stream as much as possible, and by avoiding excessive spray boom pressure.
- Do not apply at wind speeds greater than 10 mph at the application site.
- Make applications when wind velocity favors on-target product deposition (approximately 3 to 10 mph).
- Apply as close to target plants as practical to obtain a good spray pattern for adequate coverage.
- For aerial applications, do not apply at heights greater than 10 feet (consistent with flight safety).
- For airblast applications, direct spray above foliage and turn off outward pointing nozzles at row ends and outer rows.
- For aerial applications, the spray boom should be mounted on the aircraft so as to minimize drift caused by wing tip vortices. The minimum practical boom length should be used and must not exceed 75% of wing span or rotor diameter.
- For ground applications, do not apply at heights greater than 4 feet.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
09/17/2015 Sandy from Garden City, Ks
QHow many gallons of water do you use Orthene Turf Tree and Ornamental WSP in?
A One packet of Orthene Turf Tree and Ornamental WSP will be mixed in 100 gallons of water.
One packet of Orthene Turf Tree and Ornamental WSP will be mixed in 100 gallons of water.
06/28/2015 Peter from Northborough, Ma
QHow much solution does one package make? Will be using on spruce trees.
AWhat will you be treating for on your spruce trees?