Outdoor Fly Control
Effective outdoor fly control can greatly reduce indoor infestations by reducing the number of flies surrounding a structure, thereby preventing entry.
1) Fly Baits
Available in sprayable, scatterbait, and granular formulations, one of these powerful and effective fly baits is sure to meet your specific fly control needs.
- Golden Malrin Fly Bait- One of the most popular fly baits on the market. Golden Malrin is easy to use and kills flies rapidly. For exterior use only. Do not place within reach of children or pets.
- Maxforce Fly Spot Bait- Kills in 60 seconds or less! Maxforce uses three powerful attractants including aroma and pheromone to lure even the most difficult fly pests normally resistant to chemical sprays. Maxforce Fly Spot Bait lasts up to 6 weeks indoors and up to 30 days outdoors, without the unpleasant odors! (Exterior residential use permitted.)
- Maxforce Granular Fly Bait- Contains 2 powerful attractants combined with non-repellent Imidacloprid to lure flies to their death. Lasts up to 6 weeks indoors, 30 days outdoors, and contains no unpleasant odors. (Exterior residential use permitted.) SHOULD NOT BE USED TO TREAT AREAS ACCESSIBLE BY FOOD PRODUCING ANIMALS, CHILDREN OR PETS.
2) Surface Sprays
Flies landing on a structure treated with a surface pesticide labeled for flies will die long before they can get inside. In addition to fly control, comprehensive surface sprays also provide control over a broad range of insect pests including roaches, ants, and spiders. Application requires a one gallon hand sprayer.
- Wettable Powders (WP)- Cynoff WP & Demon WP
- Longest lasting residual- 90 days + indoors; 30 to 90 days outdoors
- May leave a residue on dark surfaces. (If residue is undesirable, use Talstar One, or other liquid concentrate.)
- Liquid Concentrates- Cynoff EC, Demon WP, Talstar One
3) All-Natural Outdoor Fly Traps
Hanging from a tree branch or hung in a window, doorway, or porch area, natural fly traps may be used in conjunction with fly baits and sprays, or as an environmentally friendly alternative to chemical pesticides.
- Advantage Fly Trap- The only patented fly trap that lures nuisance flies up to 30 feet away. All natural "fly banquet" attractant is irresistible to flies. This permanent unit includes disposable liners for easy cleanup. For use in outdoor, sunny areas where flies are a problem.
4) General Exclusion Practices
In addition to chemical methods and traps, there are some structural changes that can be made to help maintain control and prevent future fly entry and infestation:
- Doors leading to the outside should be equipped with self-closing devices or a screen door.
- Keep window and door screens in good repair, without tears or holes.
- Make sure all doors fit tightly within their frames, with intact weather-stripping.
- Caulk cracks or gaps around windows and doors.
Getting Rid of Flies
Fly Light Traps
Sticky Pheromone Fly Traps
Indoor Fly Control
Natural Fly Control
8 of 14 people found this article informative and helpful.