Outdoor Fly Trap
By DoMyOwnPestControl.com staff
1) Pheromone Traps (sticky fly traps)
A Pheromone Trap is one kind of sticky outdoor fly trap that uses powerful sexual attractants, or "pheromones", to lure most small flies and filth flies to a sticky glue pad where they are unable to escape once captured. Pheromone Fly Traps may be used in any situation where flies are a problem and toxic chemical control is not desired. Small Pheromone glue traps like the Gold Stick Fly Trap are ideal for homes, garages, offices, etc., where minimum control is needed. Larger models such as the Ultraviolet Pheromone Trap are appropriate where a greater level of control is desired, such as restaurants, store fronts, and other business applications.
- Gold Stick Fly Traps - Catchmaster Gold Sticks are long tubes with a sticky glue and fly pheromone attractant for capturing and killing house flies and other nuisance flies. Place on window sills or hang vertically in areas of fly activity.
- Ultraviolet Pheromone (Glue) Traps - UV Pheromone Traps attract flies using ultraviolet rays, where the fly gets stuck on a removable glue strip. Glue strips utilize pheromones to further attract nuisance flies that are not as readily attracted to the ultraviolet light. This model is appropriate for most public and food settings.
Benefits of Ultraviolet Pheromone Fly Traps:
- Ultraviolet rays are not harmful to people or pets
- No unpleasant odors.
- Powerful ultraviolet light provides for optimum coverage.
- UV rays attract a wide range of flying insects, not just flies.
- Many ultraviolet fly traps are designed to look like ordinary light fixtures, making them perfect for discreet control in public venues
2) All-Natural Outdoor Fly Traps
Hanging from a tree branch or hung in a window, doorway, or porch area, natural outdoor fly traps may be used in conjunction with fly baits and sprays, or as an environmentally friendly alternative to chemical pesticides.
- Advantage Fly Trap- The only patented fly trap that lures nuisance flies up to 30 feet away. All natural "fly banquet" attractant is irresistible to flies. This permanent unit includes disposable liners for easy cleanup. For use in outdoor, sunny areas where flies are a problem.
- Victor Fly Magnet Trap (M530)- Just as its name suggests, the Victor Fly Magnet Trap lures flies like a magnet with its special attractant. Simply add water to the bag along with the included attractant and hang up on a tree branch or other suitable object in the problem area.
3) Ultraviolet Fly Traps
An Ultraviolet Fly Trap is an insect trap that uses powerful ultraviolet rays to attract flies and other flying insect pests without the use of chemicals harmful, toxic chemicals. Ideal for use in settings and situations where using traditional fly sprays or chemicals would not be appropriate, or where discreet, low profile control is desired-such as kitchens, restaurants, or store fronts.
There are 2 basic kinds of ultraviolet fly traps:
- Ultraviolet Fly Zappers attract flies using ultraviolet rays, and then electrocute them.
- Ultraviolet Pheromone (Glue) Traps also attract flies using ultraviolet rays, but instead of electrocution, the fly gets stuck on a removable glue strip impregnated with pheromones.
- Luralite Professional - Combines stylish design with professional level control that attracts insects by a combination of UV light and pheromone infused glue strips. For use in public, high traffic areas where discreet control is needed. Provides 540 sq ft of coverage.
1 of 1 people found this article informative and helpful.