Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Pennington Sahara Bermudagrass is a hardy variety of drought-tolerant Bermudagrass that has been bred to grow finer and greener than other common grasses. It is extremely durable and holds up well to heavy foot traffic. It grows well in sunny areas but is not very shade-tolerant. Pennington Sahara Bermudagrass has Penkoted seeds to protect the seedling from disease and to encourage strong growth. The Penkoted Seed Technology seals each seed with a protective fungicide. Penkoted seeds promotes healthier plants, protects against fungus, and increases plant survival. It produces a thick, dark green, self-repairing growth for your lawn that is 99% weed-free.
|For use in:||Residential Lawn areas|
|Application:||Late Spring to Summer
* See label for complete application instructions
|Shipping Weight:||2.07 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Pennington (Mfg. Number: 00520)|
- Grows best in sunny areas
- Excellent heat, drought, disease and insect resistance
- Produces a dense, dark green, fine-bladed, self-repairing turf
- 99.9% weed-free
- Penkoted for seedling protection
- Homeowners have found seed with the Penkoted Seed Technology to be more reliable and effective than using conventional uncoated seed.
BEST TIME TO PLANT SEED
- The best time to plant grass seed is in late Spring to Summer.
- Bermuda grass seed germinates and establishes best when average daily temperatures are between 70 F and 90 F.
4 Easy Steps to Planting Seed
- PREPARE THE SOIL
- Bare Spots and New Lawns
- Remove all debris from planting area
- Till or rake to loosen top 2" to 3" of soil
- Rake smooth to create a flat, level planting area
- Overseeding and Thin Areas
- Mow the lawn as short as possible & remove clippings
- Rake thoroughly removing thatch (dead grass) and debris to expose the soil
- Aerate lawn if possible to allow better air and water penetration into the soil
- FERTILIZE PLANTING AREA
- Apply a starter fertilizer at the manufacturer's recommended rate
- Lime may nee to be added in some areas to ensure proper soil pH levels
- PLANT THE SEED
- Using a drop-type, rotary or hand held spreader, apply the seed evenly to avoid skips, overlapping & streaking
- Gently rake, working seed into soil about 1/2"
- WATER SEEDED AREA
- Water daily to keep soil moist
- Do not allow the top 1/2" of soil to become dry until seedlings have completely emerged
- Once grass becomes established, reduce watering to 1/2" twice a week
SETTINGS FOR COMMONLY USED SPREADERS
|Speader||Regular Overseeding||New Lawn Seeding|
|Republic EZ Drop Spreader||4 1/2||5 1/2|
|Republic EZ Broadcast Spreader||3||5|
|Scotts AccuGreen Drop Spreader||3 3/4||4|
|Scotts SpeedyGreen Broadcast Spreader||2 1/2||3 1/2|
- Conduct a soil test to determine pH level and add soil amendments accordingly for optimal lawn development
- Begin mowing once turf reaches 1/3 taller than desired mowing height
- Do not apply weed control herbicides until after the third mowing
- Once turf is established(4-6 weeks after planting), begin an annual fertilization maintenance program
- New Lawns: 2 lbs./1000 sq. ft.
- Overseeding: 1 lbs./1000 sq. ft.
This Package Covers:
- 1000 sq. ft. New Lawns
- 2000 sq. ft. Overseeding or reseeding existing lawn
Light Required: Full Sun
Traffic Tolerance: Excellent
Drought Tolerance: Excellent
Planting Depth: 1/2"
Seedling Emergence: 7-21 Days
Recommended Mowing Height: 1"- 1 1/2"