Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Premier Pro Tri-poxy Steel Sprayer (#1180) is the smallest and most portable of Chapin's Premier series of sprayers. This product includes the many and various features of the Chapin, including: excellent structural strength from the Viton Seals and metal tanks coated with TriPoxy, a reinforced hose that will last through the product's years long lifespan, a shut off valve made of zinc and is epoxy coated for easy maintenance, easy-to-fill tank with a funnel top, a pump handle made of top quality metal that will last a long time, a wand and nozzle made of quality brass that gives you great flexibility and a SureSpray anti-clog filter that protects the sprayer from contamination. Great quality for your money.
|For use in:||Home & Garden, Pest Control, Turf/Landscape settings|
|Application:||Fill the tank with either: Fertilizers, Fungicides, Herbicides, Pesticides, Watering; pump the sprayer and spray the desired area|
|Tank Size (gal.):||1 gallon|
|Wand Length (in.):||12 inches|
|Shipping Weight:||5.67 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Chapin (Mfg. Number: 1180)|
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Hose to Tank
- Make sure hose is pushed all the way to the tank. Make sure hose clamp is tight and below the hose barb. Turn clockwise with a screwdriver to tighten.
- Attach nozzle to shut-off handle or extension wand.
3. Pre-Use Check
- Check tightness of hose nut to be sure hose is securely attached to the tank outlet.
- Inspect hose for deterioration, cracks, softness, or brittleness. If any of these conditions are found, replace hose before using. Replace with original manufacturer’s parts only.
- Remove pump (see Filling, Pressurizing and Spraying Instructions), inspect interior and exterior of tank for signs of deterioration of body and bottom. Any sign of deterioration indicates possible tank weakening and could result in explosive bursting under pressure. If any of these signs are found, discard tank immediately and replace. Do not attempt to patch leaks, etc., as this could result in serious injury.
- Follow Filling, Pressurizing and Spraying Instructions, except use water only.
- Pump plunger 8-10 strokes and inspect for leaks.
- Direct shut-off away from you and open to make sure discharge is not clogged.
- If unit passes this test, release pressure (see Pressure Releasing Instructions), empty tank, and proceed with Filling, Pressurizing and Spraying Instructions.
- Turn pump handle counterclockwise and remove pump.
- Prepare spray solution following all directions and safety warnings on chemical label.
- Fill tank to no more than the proper gallon marker. Do NOT: overfill to accommodate pump.
- Check pump to make sure that no grass or dirt is stuck to barrel. Replace pump in tank and tighten securely.
5. Pressurizing and Spraying
- Turn handle clockwise to tighten. Push handle down, turn 1/4 turn counterclockwise to release.
- Pump until you feel resistance.
- Push handle, down, turn 1/4 turn clockwise to lock. Begin spraying. Re-pump sprayer as required to maintain spray force.
- Adjust spray pattern by turning nozzle cap. Do not turn cap more than 2 turns or cap may come off allowing spray material to spray back on you.
6. To Release Pressure
- With pump facing away, turn locked handle counterclockwise until air begins to escape. Stop turning handle when you hear air escaping.
- Stay away from the sprayer until all air has escaped.
7. Care, Storage and Maintenance
- Rinse tank thoroughly with water only, empty, refill with water. Follow Filling, Pressurizing and Spraying Instructions, except pump unit only 8-10 strokes.
- Open shut-off and allow water to run through discharge assembly.
- Release pressure (Follow Pressure Release Instructions), remove pump and empty sprayer.
- Store sprayer tank upside down, with pump removed, in a warm dry location.
- Periodically oil pump by dropping 10-12 drops of light oil down pump rod through opening in cover.
See all 6 reviews »
5 of 5 people found this review helpful:
By Jennifer in Cape Coral, FL on 08/14/2015
So far it's been great. Received it in less time than the order said. It said it comes with a strap, but it wasn't in the box.
Please note: the carrying strap is an optional accessory and is not included with the sprayer.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful:
Best Of The Best.
By Duane in Belleville, New Jersey on 04/26/2016
I needed a good, but cost effective solution to my gardening and pest control needs. This item fits on both counts. It is sturdy, reliable and it did not break the bank. I am very pleased with its solid all steel construction and brass spray tip. If there is a better one out there, I don't know where it could be. I shopped many places both online and in retail stores. This was the answer at a great price. I highly recommend this product.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful:
By Patrick in Knoxville, TN on 11/04/2015
I am a "non-professional" when it comes to spraying for bugs around my house. After spending $100 on various plastic sprayers that broke down, I decided to get a steel sprayer. I really like the Premier Pro. Thank you!
4 of 4 people found this review helpful:
Good sprayer for the price
By Nate in Missoula, Montana on 05/10/2016
This sprayer is used professionally for application of oil and oil based bird and bat repellents. We have used plastic sprayers in the past and found that the valves and pumps will not hold up the to the use or the oil based products. Although the pump is plastic on this sprayer it seems to hold up well. We especially like the metal valve handle and wand. We purchased the one gallon sprayer as that is the normal amount of product we need use at each job.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful:
Quality performance, Less pumping
By Chris in Tanner on 09/25/2016
I only had to pump twice to coat the circumference of the whole house.
1 of 6 people found this review helpful:
By Greg in Downey, California on 03/26/2016
This particular sprayer is truly a mess tried it but it doesn't spray good and when depressuring it splashes all over it sure is a no no to buy I regret buying it for those thinking to buy a good sprayer don't think twice and go with B&G brand you will all be better off.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
02/03/2015 Ken from Tucson
QDoes this have a option for 18" wand? 12" is not long enough.
AYes, we do have an 18 inch wand for the Premier Pro Tri-Poxy 1 Gallon Steel Sprayer. This is a special order item so you will have to call and place an order over the phone with one of our representatives.
03/07/2016 Bob from Philadelphia, Pa
QWhat is best way to hold the Chapin Premier Pro Tri-Poxy Steel Sprayer (1 Gal.) during use?
It does not look like there is a big handle compared to other styles. Also, how much is an 18" wand for this sprayer, and can it be added to purchase price and shipped with the unit rather than the 12" wand?
A The Chapin Premier Pro Tri-Poxy Steel Sprayer (1 Gal.) actually has a handle similar to most other Chapin sprayers.† It is just that the angle at which the photo that is shown on the website is taken in makes it look like the handle is smaller.† We have spoken with Chapin and this sprayer currently only is available for purchase with the 12" wand, although you may purchase an 18" wand separately here if you wish.†
The Chapin Premier Pro Tri-Poxy Steel Sprayer (1 Gal.) actually has a handle similar to most other Chapin sprayers.† It is just that the angle at which the photo that is shown on the website is taken in makes it look like the handle is smaller.† We have spoken with Chapin and this sprayer currently only is available for purchase with the 12" wand, although you may purchase an 18" wand separately here if you wish.†
01/22/2017 Danny from Olla, La
QIs the tip on the Chapin Premier Pro Tri-Poxy Steel Sprayer 1 Gal. (1180) adjustable? Will it pin spray?
A The†Premier Pro Tri-Poxy Steel Sprayer 1 Gal. (1180)†tip is the Chapin Brass Adjustable Nozzle 6-6000 which will†adjust from a straight stream to a funnel/cone pattern.
The†Premier Pro Tri-Poxy Steel Sprayer 1 Gal. (1180)†tip is the Chapin Brass Adjustable Nozzle 6-6000 which will†adjust from a straight stream to a funnel/cone pattern.