Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Prescription Treatment Ascend Fire Ant Bait is a stomach insecticide that works as an effective attractant to damaging ants. It immediately stops egg production to prevent colony's growth. It targets pharaoh ants, fire ants and related ants. For application, enforce the bait on sites where ants are vigorously foraging. Reapply as needed in cases where reinfestation takes place or when very large mounds go on active. Administer Ascend Fire Ant Bait on lawns, turf, non-crop sites such as golf courses and parks. Apply also in homes and non-food/feed areas of food storage areas, commercial buildings, schools, supermarkets, meat packing plants, motels, hotels, warehouses, and nursing homes and non-patient areas of hospitals.
|Active Ingredient:||Abamectin - 0.011%|
|Target pests:||Fire Ants, Pharaoh Ants and related ants|
|For use in:||Homes, Non-Food/Feed areas of Food Storage, Commercial Buildings, Schools, Supermarkets, Hotels, Warehouses, Nursing Homes, Hospitals (Non-Patient); Lawns, Turf-grass, Golf Courses, Parks|
|Application:||1 lb. per acre (Spreader)
* See label for complete application instructions
|Pet safe:||Toxic to Fish and Wildlife|
|Special Features:||* Very attractive to red imported fire ants
* Abamectin has been shown to cause a halt in fire ant egg production
|Shipping Weight:||27.66 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||BASF (Mfg. Number: 59011797)|
- Ascend Fire Ant Bait is highly attractive to red imported fire ants.
- The active ingredient in Ascend Fire Ant Bait slows reproduction of fire ant egg production.
- Registered for use in and around homes and commercial buildings.
How does the active ingredient Abamectin work to kill ants?
The active ingredient in Ascend is a stomach insecticide which acts to reduce ant workers. The bait is also passed by the workers throughout the ant colony and eventually to the queen. Ascend is toxic to ants; however, it is most effective against the ant queen and causes an immediate halt of egg production and disappearance of worker brood. The disappearance of worker ants leads to the decline and eventual elimination of the ant colony.
When should I apply Ascend Fire Ant Bait?
- Apply when ants are actively foraging--typically when soil temperatures are greater than 60°F (15°C).
- In cases where re-infestation occurs or when very large mounds remain active, re-treat as necessary.
How do I apply Ascend Fire Ant Bait?
OUTDOORS: Apply after dew or rainfall has dried for maximum effectiveness. For best results, do not apply if rainfall is anticipated within 4 to 6 hours after application.
- Broadcast Application: Apply Ascend as evenly as possible to turf, lawns and noncrop areas at a rate of 1 lb. of bait per acre (0.4 oz. of bait per 1000 sq. ft. or 1.8 oz. of bait per 5000 sq. ft.).
- Individual Mound Treatment: Use 5 to 7 tablespoons of Ascend per mound. Apply the bait as evenly as possible over the mound and for a distance of approximately 2 feet out from the base of the mound. Do not contaminate kitchen utensils with this product. LIMITATIONS: Do not use in pastures, rangeland,or croplands.
INDOORS: Do not use in the food/feed areas of food/feed handling establishments, restaurants or other areas where food is commercially prepared or processed. Do not use in serving areas while food is exposed or facility is in operation.
- Locate Ant Activity: Follow ants back to voids. Apply bait to crevices or voids where ants are active. Use up to 5 tablespoons per treatment site in a heavily traveled area. Use less in areas with less activity or if the treatment site will not hold that much. Use a large Centrobulb Dusteror other appropriate application device to place bait in crevices or voids. Enlarging the void’s opening may be required. Repeat as necessary. Do not contaminate kitchen utensils with this product.
- To Treat Plumbing Voids With Known Ant Activity: Obtain access to void and place up to 5 tablespoons inside the plumbing void. Place bait where it will remain dry. Repeat as necessary. Do not contaminate kitchen utensils with this product.
- UTILITIES (such as above ground transformers, pedestal boxes, in-ground utility boxes, etc.): If fire ants are nesting or traveling inside utility boxes, place 5 to 7 tablespoons form lighter infestations or up to 2 1/2 oz. for heavy infestations on the ground or open floor area of box. Placement should be made so bait stays dry and does not contact any equipment.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
11/03/2015 Daryl from Burkburnett, Tx
QWhen using Ascend Fire Ant Bait, what is the best spreader to use for 10 acres?
A The Earthway Professional Broadcast Spreader is a very good spreader. It holds up to 80 lbs of product. The Earthway Spreader has a fingertip rate control which provides easy control of the spreader. This product comes fully assembled and will be reader to use in seconds.
The Earthway Professional Broadcast Spreader is a very good spreader. It holds up to 80 lbs of product. The Earthway Spreader has a fingertip rate control which provides easy control of the spreader. This product comes fully assembled and will be reader to use in seconds.